Author Topic: Able KONE  (Read 57837 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: Able KONE
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 06:58:01 AM »
Of which I think when everything was said and done and our discount had been promoted not only here but at CG, Alt. etc... we had sold thousands of units for Newco.  of today when I call Newco I buy everything at their highest discount, I was told by their sales people that we have sold more units than any of their accounts.

We have never really stuck up for ourselves like this before...

I like it.  8)

Paying full retail $50 plus $11 shipping for a x ounce filter does not really represent the idea of a group coming together to consolidate our buying power "splitting bags" if you will, at all.

I've got nothing against this filter or the vendor but I have to agree with Joe 100% on this one. $61 for a mesh filter looks way high for a group buy.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »
I agree with Joe. I'm quite sure that offering a few at a discount would go a long way in getting the word out on such a new product and result in even more sales on down the road.

Coava Roasters

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 07:27:06 AM »
Thank you to everyone for the love and support of the "cone project" now known as the kone.

I wanted to clear a few things up. I am sorry for any miscommunication or misleading statements on this forum.

The "price". Please remember that the filter is entirely made in the USA. This means that even the stainless is sourced here including all labor. This is a choice by Matt and I. We feel it very important to have this done for many reasons.

We are all about community. Because of our community of friends who support what we do and interested in purchasing a filter we looked in to see if we could. Because of the high cost of our decision for US made it determines a few things including retail. For all transparency the first run which we use in house was so expensive we thought it was impossible to make the filters and sell them either retail and for sure not wholesale.

As I believe in support of community I do also believe in the community supporting others. Again thank you for all the support.

As far as comments in any way thinking that I am looking to sell thousands and that my company is somehow a large company with endless pockets please remember we are not. My only reason for stating this is to remind people reality and fact. I have to order these filters by the thousand. I have to pay for all of them right away. If this project to continue at all I need the support of my community or it will die.

If you want to chat with me directly about this project and what it means to me please contact me directly at keith@coavacoffee.com and I will answer any and all questions.

DISCOUNT CODE!!!!!!
With all this said I want to honor your commitment to support.

Mark at Kuma thought it would be cool to offer the members on the forum a discount code for the kone as a promotion. Thanks for the great idea Mark.

20% off discount code = gcbc
gcbc stands for Green Coffee Buying Club

This will be asked for on the second page of the shopping cart. The code will last one week ending on November 11th.

Again I thank everyone for the support along the way. Without you this would not be possible.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »
Im not trying to be an ass but, what grade stainless are these.   I don't see a use at this point for one of these for my pathetic means of making coffee BUT I have a few other projects in mind that they might work awesome for.

Not to mention since you were so honest and forthcoming I wish to support you some way if I can.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

garybt3

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:33 AM »
Just purchased this from their website, with gcbc 20% discount.

Looking forward to brewing with it, as I use a Chemex teamed up with a Norelco Ready Brew (1970 -1980's machine) brewer. (NIB $5. @ yard sales) I threw the Norelco Carafe's in the recycling bin.

I have 1 setup @ home & another setup @ my office @ work.

I spend more than $60. on Chemex filters; $9. per box of 100; FC-100 white circular a year, so having one @ home makes perfect sense to me.

Another coffee 'toy' purchase on my CC...Mrs. T is going to hotcard me one of these days... ;D

northwestmark

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »
Good morning gentleman!
Keith at Coava has generously offered a discount code for all members of the site.
Simply use code "GCBC" at checkout to save yourself 20% .
Keith's costs on this project are very high and he is doing us a real favor in passing along the discount shown above.
Please post a reply below when you've used the code and purchased a KONE so we can keep track of how many people are getting in on the deal.
Let's support Keith and this project. He had to commit to a 1,000 KONES up front. I got to use them at coffeefest and really enjoy the cup of coffee it produces!

Mark Barany
Kuma Coffee

BoldJava

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
Just purchased this from their website, with gcbc 20% discount.

+1.

I appreciate the stand-up way this was cleared up, the transparency, the US-made product (yes!) when it could have been off-shored, and supporting a small shop.  Order up.

Now, where is that Chemex?  Did I give it to the Prussian Prince on Halloween?  Is that what he was asking the Czarina for?

B|Java

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:05:12 AM by BoldJava »

milowebailey

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:21 AM »
I suspect a thousand will go quick.  Maybe not all here ;D but so many folks at coffee fest were wanting to buy one there and couldn't.

I just bought one.  FYI with the discount and shipping it's under $48.  It probably would have been about that same amount if it had been distributed through the club with paypal fees and USPS shipping rates.

New toy-a-comin' 8)

I plan to use it with my Bodum Bistro

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:10:41 AM by milowebailey »

northwestmark

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 08:09:12 AM »
+1 for me too!

Thanks so much Keith. Can't wait to share the KONE with clients and customers and to use if at home in my chemex!

FYI- The discount code is only good for one week. So don't delay too long on the offer!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:20 AM »
Just ordered mine.  Thanks Keith.

northwestmark

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »
Here's a new article on Coava's KONE that was just released today.
http://marrowmag.com/coffee/coava-iconic-kone-coffee-filter/

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:32 AM »
looks like a good idea.. makes me want to take my ceramic pour over project back out for review...

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »
A preemptive thread on the usage of the newly released Coava KONE. Please post any basic usage instructions, tips, and tricks in this thread.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:14:45 PM by Joe »

Stubbie

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »
Couldn't resist...got one on the way!

-Stubbie

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
Being on a budget, I'm stopping to ask a question before pulling the trigger;

Mark, Larry, Keith, or anyone who's seen the Kone in operation and tasted the cup...

How does the end result differ from a press-pot?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you