Author Topic: Espro Press - Travel and then Lottery, All Slots Taken  (Read 14100 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Espro Press - Travel and then Lottery, All Slots Taken
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Does the Czarina know about the other woman?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

yorel23

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
Ms Red/White/Blue brought a new Espro Press from http://orphanespresso.com yesterday.  Happy days are here again.  Will work into this weekend's lineup.

Seems that Google images found me as well.  B|Java

Not only that, your review at Coffeegeek is listed on the Espro Press site: Just click the Coffeegeek link.  You are practically famous!

BoldJava

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
The Czarina and I are sipping an El Salvador San Jose from the Espro Press.  The San Jose becomes a soft, dark chocolate bombshell with the Espro Press.  Ab-so-lute-ly stellar mouthfeel.  Full, coating, balanced, every corner.  Just the tiniest hint of silt. I believe they are onto something with the Espro Press.

22 grams coffee, course grind
11.5 oz water, 30 seconds off boil
pre-heated pot
bloom 20 seconds
add remaining water
press at 3:50 (includes the bloom)

Heavenly.  No, I am not a shill. It is that good.

http://www.espro.ca/espro-press/

B|Java

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
I purchased one of these on ebay.It was one of those "Buy it Now or Best offer".I made an offer,they took it.Shipping on ebay was alot cheaper than on the Espro website.
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

BoldJava

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
I purchased one of these on ebay.It was one of those "Buy it Now or Best offer".I made an offer,they took it.Shipping on ebay was alot cheaper than on the Espro website.

Shipping is free with Chris Coffee.  Espro doesn't sell the item on the website.  Unsure where you were looking.

B|Java
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:07:54 PM by BoldJava »

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Ray T

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
Got home from work yesterday to find that the Aeropress ( missing from its spot on the counter )  has been retired and put away. ;D. I mentioned this and she says I cleaned it and its in YOUR coffee cupboard. The Espro Press now resides in its spot.  Her first coffee toy. I hope she lets me use it once in a while. So far the only complaint is the amount of brewed coffee you can't get out of the pot due to the filter design.

Thanks for doing this B/Java

Marshall_S

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
Heavenly.  No, I am not a shill. It is that good.

Allright...you twisted my arm Bold One- I've got mine on order...

There's always room for one more way to make coffee   ;D

Marshall

BoldJava

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »

Allright...you twisted my arm Bold One- I've got mine on order...

Marshall

I guarantee you that you will not regret this pricey purchase.

B|Java

Offline ReddyK

• Standard User
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
My thoughts of the Espro Press.
I was very impressed with the quality of this press. All highly polished stainless and the double wall is a BIG plus.  I loved the coffee that this produced and with a few grinder setting changes the silt was reduced to almost nothing. It does work as advertised. The shimmer of oils on top of the cup made me feel a little giddy before that first sip. The small brew size was the biggest drawback to me. I felt like I was always brewing a half cup of coffee at a time. I was also bothered by the amount of brewed coffee that was left under the filter, then poured down the sink. Which only added to the dissappointment of its small size. A great device however I will not be purchasing one.
Thank you B/J for the chance to play with a new toy.
Steve
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
Thomas Jefferson

milowebailey

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:29 AM »
I got the espro yesterday, and the Grindripper showed up too... like Christmas almost.

So I decided to put them back to back this morning with some Injerto I roasted a few days ago.

I too have to say very well built press.  I like the double wall and the bling of it.  I agree with reddyK that I wish it was larger.  It would be great to make more than one cup of coffee with it, but for that one cup... great.

two variables in the comparison.  Grinder (used my grindmaster for the press) and of course the grindripper has both a grinder and a dripper, so the brew method was different.

Both produced a good clean cup, no fines.  The press seemed a little more silky/buttery probably due to the additional oils.  Both made with 24 grams of coffee the 300 grams of water.  The grindripper ~200 grams.  Tomorrow, I'll put it up against another press.

BoldJava

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 06:33:59 AM »
 Any final thoughts on use?

Shipping order:
BoldJava
Ray T
ReddyK(Steve)
MiloweBailey

HeadChange
Stubbie
Ron L
Wild Bill
Charly,  PM Charly but probably a 'skip' as he may be in Oaxaca
RandyTsuch,'Da Winne

B|Java
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:37:41 AM by BoldJava »

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »
Espro Press arrived yesterday. Did a quick trial run at work yesterday but I over filled the container and had a lot of grounds escape when I inserted the plunger. I'm gonna take my time with it tonight and see what happens.

Igrind

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
Inspired by this thread, I picked up an Espro Press a couple weeks ago.  Man!  That's a good cup of coffee!  If you enjoy the oils/body of FP, you gotta have one of these presses.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 09:46:11 AM »
I have sent the Espro on to it's next tester over a week ago, but I just remembered that I needed to post my impressions.

I had overfilling problem the first couple of times I used Espro. The plunger system displaces a large amount of liquid/slurry and had a tendency to slop over the sides. After I learned to put in the proper amount of water the Espro produced a really nice cup. As others have stated, it's akin to a clean FP. The filter basket does go a long way to eliminate fines.

I had one big con against the Espro, and it's a deal breaker as far as adding one to my arsenal. It just doesn't make enough coffee at one time. My main coffee cup, which goes to work with me every day, is a 16 oz'er. The Espro barely fills it past the half way point. If I had to guess it would make 10-11 oz. Seems to be a lot of coffee left under the filter. Maybe if they had a slightly bigger unit I might get one.