Author Topic: CLOSED, ACCEPTING PAYMENTS - Orphan Espresso Pharos Grinder Traveling Road Show  (Read 16057 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Orphan Espresso Pharos Hand Grinder - Traveling Road Show Signup
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »
Last call for anyone wanting to get in on trying out the Pharos. If no one else steps up I will start taking payments (assuming of course that those participating would want to split the cost 8 ways instead of 10)

Ray T

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »
Still in here with 8 people unless Tex wins the drawing then i want a refund  ;D

Tex

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 02:39:36 PM »
With only eight people, we get to play with the grinder 20% longer, right?   ;D

I'm still in.

My luck it'll be a tie between #3 & #8, and I'd hate to share with that guy!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
I am in. 

B|Java

What took ya so long?  :D

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
All slots filled. I will have payment info posted in a few minutes in the first post.

Tex

I sent you a little something.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:35:37 AM by Tex »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
I'm in if there's still a slot. This will be an interesting comparison to the modded SJ and its usurper, the K10:

I'll be interested to hear a report Sherman, especially after reading your HB thread.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Ray T

Payment sent thanks Jason

Tex

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:31 AM »
Payment sent, after arranging an offsetting payment from a co-worker for covering lunch earlier in the week.  We take turns buying lunch and then settle up with PayPal... helps fund toys, coffee in my case and fishing gear in his.

Thanks, Jason, for doing this.

He had to get the last toy in the door past the Czarina first.... now he can slip another one past her.

Bingo.  Anything coming in now is chump change. 

Life is a series of relative comparisons and then you die.

B|Java

Sounds about right.  Also, it always helps to buy your partner something they want between toys.

My wording is better; it lets you count coffee gear as gifts for the spouse. Mrs T taught me that; she'd buy chairs for my spaces and call them gifts. So now I buy Gaggia and other gear and put bows on them. ;D It's become a game that she has an unfair advantage at - I'm naturally frugal and she loves her Visa card. ::)

Tex

My Wife asked me last night what the Gaggia Factory was doing in the garage.  I'm not using it because it's ostensibly a birthday gift for my future birthday, but it looks like my hand was not well played.  She really likes the looks of the Gaggia Factory too, not sure she really ever warmed up to the La Peppina as it was lumped in with everything else taking up counter space and all my other coffee stuff.

I guess I need to get going on refinishing that sideboard, or maybe even trading out the La Peppina for the Factory on the counter for the time being.

Mrs T is dazzled by the glitter of the LP Professional and the Victoria Arduino copper machine, and she loves the looks of the brass Brasilia Belle Epoque 2-group that I haven't even begun polishing & rebuilding.

My point is - the glitz gets her in the mood for me spending lots of money, then I hit her with my cheapo Bunn & Gaggia machines and I like to think she's putty in my hands! Then I hear a delivery van stop out front & I get this stab of fear - what's she bought now? Compared to Mrs T's talent for spending, I'm an amateur accumulator!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User

Classy :P

Sherman

Payment sent. Looking forward to it!

Tex

Classy :P

Classy? We don't need no stinkin' classy, now pull my finger!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
Is it me or does anyone else think the little animated guy above resembles peter?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Is it me or does anyone else think the little animated guy above resembles peter?

Hey, buster!  Leave me out of this!  I may have a T-shirt that says "World's greatest source of natural gas", but still...
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you