Author Topic: VST Double 58 mm Basket, Traveling Road Show  (Read 7583 times)

jspain

Re: VST Double 58 mm Basket, Traveling Road Show
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:05 AM »
Jim,

Chad indicates that this is headed your way.

B|Java

YaHOOOO!

cfsheridan

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
Jim,

Chad indicates that this is headed your way.

B|Java

YaHOOOO!

It will go in the mail Monday--I got sidetracked this week, and didn't get it packed up.

As for the results--bottom line for me was that I found the VST to improve the consistency and the sweet spot for pulling shots.  In other words, I could dial in the dose and grind more quickly, and so more of my shots tasted better.  It wasn't clear that the best from the VST was any better than the standard basket on the Vibiemme.  I thought there was a bit more clarity with the VST, but it was not a night and day thing.

I'll likely pick one up at some point--the ability to pull a better shot with more forgiveness on the dose and grind is worth the trip, even if the top end shot is not better than the top end with another basket.

jspain

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 06:00:35 AM »
The basket was in the mail yesterday. I really missed the grind on the first trial this morning. Not much creama..... The adjustment to the grind twice and on the third double shot..... I hit the mark. Panama Elida natural with a touch of vanilla creamer and 6oz of steamed milk with the toroid and "life is good!" The stream is faster and denser with this basket, but once zeroed in, nice.

I'm sure I will travel deeper into the "rabbit hole" and grab one of these! I'll keep it through the weekend and send it on next week.  Jim

jspain

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 07:12:40 AM »
StevieBoy9 is next on the list! I'll mail as soon as I have a mailing address. I'll PM him today!

Enjoyed the basket. It did take me a bit to dial her in. I don't know if I could find a taste difference? Definetly a flow difference as discribed before.

Jim

BoldJava

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »
StevieBoy, might we have a report on the VST and when it moves to the next member?

B|Java

Offline stevieboy9

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
Hi folks.  Sorry about the late report.   :-[  I tried the VST with my Sirena but it didn't work any better for me than the standard filter.  The Sirena doesn't have an adjustable OPV so I may not have enough machine to take full advantage of the VST.  I appologize for the delay. 

Steve, in Ft. Worth.

BoldJava

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
...  I appologize for the delay.  

Steve, in Ft. Worth.

Not a problem.  Reddy, get ready.

B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 05:06:46 AM »
The VST is back in Lake Cheddar.  Dante wanted a second size.  Both will be in the post to him next week. 

Thanks for playing "Spin 'n Win," brought to you by Cheddar Lake, the best cheese heaven ever created.