Author Topic: Travelling Road Show: Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker  (Read 6912 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Travelling Road Show: Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »
Saw a new video from Seattle Coffee Gear for the Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker - 12.5 oz.:

Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker

An innovative way to make a smoother cup of coffee, the Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker will amaze you and your friends as it's ceramic filter brews your coffee in a very gentle way. Using the Karlsbad method, in combination with the coffee machine, you will be brewing that ideal cup of coffee with no paper filter needed.

Tech Specs:

Color: White

Size: Available in 12.5 oz. and 28.5 oz coffee makers.

Body Material: Ceramic

How it Works:

You'll be brewing up a smoother cup of coffee with this filterless ceramic coffee maker and its Karlsbad brewing method.

Place 40 grams of coarsely ground coffee directly onto the porcelain sieve in the upper container

Place the water dispenser on top and slowly pour on seething water

The water now runs through the coffee powder and the double sieve into the pot below

After brewing, remove the upper part and serve directly from the pot

Enjoy!

Crew Review: Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker

Cost is $80 shipped to me. As always we will have a drawing and one lucky individual will get to keep this unique brewer.

Commitment List:

1. headchange4u
2. BoldJava
3. J.Jirehs Roaster

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:00:28 PM by Joe »

BoldJava

Re: Travelling Road Show: Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 05:34:14 AM »
In.  Sucker for ceramics. Tried to watch the two gigglers' YouTube.  They have a great assortment of items previewed on YouTube but their silly banter <which they clearly think is funny> drives me crazy.

If this flies, I will use the Braun electric kettle to have sufficient volume of water to preheat all that ceramic.  Here is Walkure's ceramic design, updated.

BJava

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:42:50 AM by BoldJava »

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »
I also like the new design better. I wish they were importing that one.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
Thought I would bump this one time.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »
I am in...

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
BTW,

Shipping is free and sending me payment as a gift avoids PayPal fees. With 10 people that's only $8 each.

RobertL

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
Here are a couple of things I will note about the Karlsbad. First are the positives it seems to be more forgiving on grind size compared to the Kone/Chemex. Also the Karlsbad does not require using a pouring kettle I typically pour directly out of my Pino no fancy pour technique required. It will fill up the top chamber if you pour too fast as seen in the video from Seattle Coffee Gear. Now for the negatives preheating requires a little more effort I usually fill the kettle with hot water and let it sit. Then I run hot tap water over the top chamber and the small piece used to disperse the water.  Clean up is fairly easy except the filter element can get a few coffee particles trapped in it. Neither are a big deal but note worthy overall I would have kept this if I did not have the Chemex/Kone. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:41:25 PM by RobertL »

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
This looks like the same concept as the Swiss gold one cupper or the Freiling now version. Very interesting. Has anyone kept one of these?
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 05:37:54 AM »
I don't recall the swiss gold one cupper ever being offered in ceramic however I do have several of the one cuppers still.

My concern with the ceramic is the coffee eventually will deposit oils and stuff in there that needs to be cleaned and no slushing around in hot water may not cut it, nor soaking in coffee pot cleaner.  May need to use ultrasonic but what is that going to do to the ceramic over time?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!