Author Topic: Perpetual Gillette TTO Super Speed, Straight Razor, & traveling shave den  (Read 50025 times)

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
  • "It's not easy being green"
Ok, I'm in for a try.  Thanks!

Glad to hear you are giving it a try. You won't regret it!
Catch and release - into the grease!

jspain

The shave den shipped to cranus tthis morning USPS medium flat rate box. Should be hitting Montana on Friday!

Now for all those members out there who have just been watching this thread for a few years and not jumped in you should consider trying the shave den when cranus is done!

It's WONDERFUL!!!!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Cranus

Picked up the den this afternoon. Very impressive! It's a date night with the wife so there'll be two reviews tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

jspain

Picked up the den this afternoon. Very impressive! It's a date night with the wife so there'll be two reviews tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

I don't care about the Shave Den review tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the date review!  ;)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Looking forward to the 2 reviews.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Cranus

Last night was a success, at least by my standards. Lathered up with the Tom's cream and fumbled around with one of the straights. I didn't cut myself anymore than I do with my disposables but I also didn't get the closest shave. There's a trade off there somewhere I'm sure. Took some time to figure out the best way to hold it and how best to use the blade but I can see myself getting better.

Wife wasn't particularly impressed with the shave but did comment on my nice smell. I made up for it by taking her to her favorite place. She had a burger and I had braised short ribs with gnocchi. It's a meal I'm obsessed with.

jspain

Have fun with ALL THE STUFF! You're a brave man to go straight to the straight edge!!!! I did cut myself and gave up after the second try. I fell in love with the double edge!

My wife says my skin looks much younger! I actually enjoy shaving again and taking my time.....

Cranus

I'm having plenty of fun with all the shave stuff. I'm not sure I'm at the point that I'm good with the straight razor yet but I'll definetely be looking to pick one up of my own. Just an observation, but the razors may need to be honed? Having tried all four of them one definetely shaves better than the rest.

That being said I'm ready to pass this baby along when someone else is interested!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
It has been maybe half a year now and I love, love, love my safety razor! Cuts close and doesn't clog. I wish I had known to do this years ago. Big money saver and great shaves.

Someone should relieve Cranus of his burden and try it out! You don't have to want to try a straight razor, there is also a Gilette "butterfly" safety handle in the kit, and plenty of blades to work through.

There may still be some "Clubman" shave cream in there too, courtesy of Pyment. Smells just like the barbershops of my youth. After I sent the package along I bought two cans of the aerosol variety (could not find the cream) and a small bottle of their aftershave. Very happy with both.

-Paul

Cranus

Re: Perpetual Gillette TTO Super Speed, Straight Razor, & traveling shave den
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »
I'm moving! For fear of the den being misplaced in the hustle and bustle someone please take it. I've my own shave gear now and haven't opened it in... a long time. Who wants it?

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
I would  gladly take it again.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
Can I get in on this?

This would be a great try. 

I got a Merkur long handle DE razor 2 yrs ago as a gift and have been wanting to try a short handle to see if I like it better.  I've also been wanting to try a straight razor for a while but not wanted to make the plunge. 

Have some goodies to include for the next user. 

Brian

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
I say send to Brian