Author Topic: Closed: Cafe Solo, 1 liter, Traveling Road Show and Lottery  (Read 18910 times)

ecc

Re: Closed: Cafe Solo, 1 liter, Traveling Road Show and Lottery
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »

The Solo is beautiful, I really wanted to like it.  I love the pouring twirl, it handles like a nice heavy magnum bottle, very solid and nice.  A little peek-a-boo with the neoprene cover, yeah baby.

Then the impractical parts set in.  A narrow neck and bottom ridges make it almost impossible to clean well without lots of water and a garbage disposal.  You can't serve out of it, and the pouch filter leaves a lot of silt in the cup, even with my Mahlkonig commercial grinder.

I haven't given up on french press, (am still tempted by an Espro) but instead of the Solo brewer I grabbed an orange refrig carafe in the groupon sale.  The brewer will go on its way to a more fashionable household, last stop Portland.

Thanks again for the B|roadshow!

BoldJava

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »

I haven't given up on french press, (am still tempted by an Espro) but instead of the Solo brewer I grabbed an orange refrig carafe in the groupon sale.  The brewer will go on its way to a more fashionable household, last stop Portland.

Thanks again for the B|roadshow!

It's a wrap.  On to Portland.  Thanks all.  B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2013, 07:05:59 AM »
Alert.  New Eva Solo on sale at OrphanEspresso, $50.  It won't last.

http://www.orphanespresso.com/CLOSEOUT-SPECIALS_c_297.html

jbviau

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »
Looks like it's gone now, as predicted!