Author Topic: RK Drum  (Read 54008 times)

felicepiserchia

Re: RK Drum
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
Hello all,
I just wannna tell you'uns that there's a glass blowing supply place near my house and they often have weird sizes of ceramic fiber insulation for really cheap. I think I spent 5 bucks for a couple pieces for my poppery. if you're in need, shoot me a PM and I can swing by and see what's shaking. They also have pyrex tubes of different widths that I've been eyeing for the poppery if anyone needs same.
FVP

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »
As a note RKDrums and GCBC are looking to partner up on some things. We will keep you posted as to any new developments.

Thanks,
Joe
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline rkdrums

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »
If anyone should have any questions on Drum roasting, on RK or otherwise, we're here to help.

Thanks
Shane Lewis
RK Drums
Shane D. Lewis
RK Drums
www.rkdrums.com
470-978-9464

Offline dickcoffee

• Standard User
  • I'm givin' it away
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
I have not been coming aroung often enouth apparently.  I just noticed that RK was here.  I have love roasting on my RK drum.  I have a 4 pounder in which I always roast 2 pound batches.  I also have a Huky which I appreciate for control and that since it's in the basement I can roast on inclement days.  But when i need to get some coffee roasted quickly and easily, I still turn to the RK and honestly, I don't think I can tell the difference in quality of the roasts.  I just roasted 2 pounds of a Brazil dry process bean yesterday and I was thinking with all that chaff, I'm glad I roasted it in the RK. 

Offline bbqbeans

• Standard User
  • Mark
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »
Glad you're here Shane!  My 6# drum keeps cranking out some great roasts and the new cooler(as of Jan'16) is the bomb!  Even full loads are cool within about a minute...I'm super pleased.  Keep up the great work!
Mark Onks