Author Topic: Super auto help?  (Read 3068 times)

Tex

Super auto help?
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »
The bleepin' church ladies are at it again! They're not happy with the espresso machine & grinder I setup for them (and the barista cadre I trained); now they want to spend church funds for a super automatic. I brow beat them into spending a bit more for the light commercial unit below (it's $1000 less at Costco that Hufford's or WLL), but honestly I know so little about super autos I thought I'd see if anyone here is an expert?

BoldJava

Re: Super auto help?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:15 AM »
The bleepin' church ladies are at it again! They're not happy with the espresso machine & grinder I setup for them (and the barista cadre I trained); now they want to spend church funds for a super automatic. .  .

Bad liturgy or preaching is one thing.   But a super-automatic?  I would switch churches <wink>...

B|Java

Tex

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »
The church has long been split by a coffee schism; those who thought our fresh roasted coffee, made with the Bunn or espresso machine, was great; and those who thought the stuff was too strong. I'm not sure how they figured it, but the latter group thought the super auto would tame the coffee a bit (I know, all they had to do is water down an Americano).

I think the Monsignor wants to move the espresso gear into the rectory, so I won't be without good coffee when I visit.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »
That's too much money.  There are children in India that don't have coffee.  They should be happy with the Bunn and send money to India.   ;)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »
The bleepin' church ladies are at it again! They're not happy with the espresso machine & grinder I setup for them (and the barista cadre I trained); now they want to spend church funds for a super automatic. I brow beat them into spending a bit more for the light commercial unit below (it's $1000 less at Costco that Hufford's or WLL), but honestly I know so little about super autos I thought I'd see if anyone here is an expert?

Hmm ... you actually encouraged them?

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
It's obvious, church ladies need their own K-cup machine. (Pearls before swine and all that...)
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Tex

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
That's too much money.  There are children in India that don't have coffee.  They should be happy with the Bunn and send money to India.   ;)

I can recall when we had two Catholic churches in my hometown - one for 'whites' and another for 'others', with the priests shuttling back & forth for services. I learned early on not to expect much charity from the church ladies.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
I would not purchase a Jura and would strongly suggest not getting a Super Auto. If you absolutely have to get a Super Auto then you will have to spend $10k+ to get one that will not need to be fixed every other week. . . especially if it sees a decent amount of work week after week. Working on one of those would be a worst nightmare scenario. There is too much going on in those things for their own good.

Tex

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Well, since it'll be purchased from Costco, we don't care if it falls apart. And since this is coming out of the church ladies banquet fund, costs are an important consideration.