Author Topic: Meet Gort!  (Read 30864 times)

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
Re: Meet Gort!
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »
As painful as it may be for me and make others cringe, it's all apart of testing.  8)

...I've allowed a full pot to sit (testing) for 24 hours, microwave a mug and found it to be still quite good. Then again I'm no Q Cupper either.

Joe, tell me you didn't do that.  You are yanking our collective chain <grins>...

B|Java

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »
I stumbled across this website, http://brazencoffeebrewer.com/, today while seeing if anyone is taking pre-orders for the BraZen.  I have to admit that I'm getting antsy and am eager to see this shipping, though I know that any extra time that is taken to make sure that any last minute production problems are ironed out are worth it (speaking from a general production perspective as one working for electronics manufacturers, not with any specific knowledge or speculation regarding the BraZen).

I'm not sure if this is a Behmor website or from a third party, but the website offers a discount code when orders can be placed for the BraZen if you send them an email through the web link with a US address.

It isn't a Behmor site
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:16:03 PM by tahoejoe »

Tex

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
So, what're the chances of getting a group buy for the first release?

Offline Richdel

• Standard User
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
I might be interested in a group buy....

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
We ran that subject past Joe at the SCAA, and he pretty much said that group buys weren't a part of the plan.  He listed a few good reasons, which he can post up here if he chooses.  I just wanted to help members to not have any unrealistic expectations.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:40 AM »
Sorry for not addressing this sooner but our dog has been diganosed w/ lymphoma so my energies were focused on that last week and through the weekend in the hopes of saving her young (5+) life.

That said...

While not getting into specifics .. I tried this with the roaster for a select group who assisted me in the design, test etc.. and due to one person's inability to keep that "special" to himself (posted about it on the web) I received a slew/ flurry etc. of emails expressing major unhappiness and in one instance a very ugly phone call.

As much as I'd love to do this, that experience dissuaded me from ever doing it again. Yes, it was that bad.

My apologies but hope you can understand.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:26:15 AM by tahoejoe »

jspain

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »
Can't blame you Joe!

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »
I figure it this way; if Gort sells for $200, and the group buy would knock off $20, great...  but if I really want Gort on my countertop, and there is no group buy, I'm still buying it at $200.  Put another way, as much as I like saving a buck, if I want it I'll get it, discount or no discount.

Tex

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »
I agree with Peter, the small savings wouldn't trigger my buy impulse. But an act of camaraderie might go a long way in that direction. I'll still probably be one of the first to buy Joe's new brewer, regardless of any goodwill gestures (or lack there of).

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Thanks..

As to Bailey.. she made it through through the weekend when there was a distinct possibility she wouldn't. Her spirits as of last night were good and for the first time since last Wednesday she ate (about 2 tbl) solid food on her own. She's a little over 5 and I'm hoping to give her an oppotunity at life.. Hopefully one good omen was the Doctor is from Dayton (my hometown) , a graduate of my favorite college school and had the following hanging on her wall.. Made her an instant fan of mine so much so I'm roasting her coffee and will have a customized brewer made sporting a special logo..

Tex

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Interesting quotation, but shouldn't that be Mark Twain that Woody was quoting when referring to Archie Griffen? You'd think someone smart enough to be a vet would understand the value of proper attribution.

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
Instead of looking for blind deceit why not view as it was intended.. Woody making a comment

I was in great spirits because of my dog and that little wall hanging made it a little more complete BUT for some unknown reason you had to find reason to f--k it up.

By the way..Forbes and others attribute it to Woody.. and show Eisenhower made something similar but at the end of the day who gives a damn..  http://thoughts.forbes.com/thoughts/fight-woody-hayes-it-isnt-the

Thanks for f--king up a perfectly good vibe..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:18:33 AM by tahoejoe »

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
Joe, will you be taking any advance orders, in case people want to plop down their payola and stake a place in line?

jspain

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
Joe,

Patti and I have two dogs. We were never blessed with children so the pets in our lives are our kids! I know what you're going through with your dog. They are family and it hurts when they hurt. Good luck with the pup!  jim

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
I feel for you Joe.  Keep the pup as long as the quality of life is there but know when to let him/her go.  I had to put a dog down almost 4 years ago and I still feel the pain.  She is in a better place with no pain.

My prays are with you and your dog.

(Still missing that dog in Benbrook, Texas)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier