Author Topic: Meet Gort!  (Read 30825 times)

jimec3

Re: Meet Gort!
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
As far as the unit goes, the lid comes off easily, the screen has been completely cleaned. I think I will do a full clean on everything again and see if that will solve the problem.  I guess I should ask: What is the longevity of an electric coffee brewer? This is the first one I have ever owned.

I traded a Technovorm for a Bunn Axiom that had been going strong for three years and my current Bunn pour-o-matic is circa '78. 

Like you I had a terrible time with my brazen.  I hate it, not because it doesn't make a good cup of coffee, but because the coffee doesnt wash the taste of poor service out of my mouth.  I think the company got caught over-reaching on this one and now they have too much invested in a crappy product. 

I spent a year wiping coffee off the counter at work (it was banished from my house) thinking everyday what crappy product, what crappy service....but I gotta get my money out it so I will use it till it dies.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
I rarely use the Brazen for full carafe loads, typically I use it to make the minimum production of two cups of coffee. Because of this I don't have any issues with overbloom due to fresh coffee, though I have had it happen a couple of times in the past when I made a full carafe.

I'm happy with the carafe pour now that I have replaced the carafe seal with the replacement kit they sent out.

I too don't like the water drip from the shower head if you have to clear the basket out right away. It's not too much of an issue if I'm the only one using the Brazen that day, as a few hours of it sitting unused reduces the water drip.

Overall I like the cup it produces, I like the convenience, etc. If the water drip issue was addressed I would be happy to recommend it to anyone.

BozemanEric

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2014, 04:47:15 AM »
The Behmor Brazen continues to disappoint me. This is what was left in the water reservoir this morning after a thorough cleaning last week. It did not retain 5 to 6 ounces  water, it retained almost half of the water that was put in there.  I cannot recommend this brewer to anyone. In fact, it is about two bad pots away from going out in the weekly trash.

BozemanEric

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2014, 05:10:27 AM »
I do not understand this bipolar brewer. I topped off the water, brewed another batch, and it brewed perfectly.  Gort has some serious issues.  I wonder if it is bean envy. The first batch, that the Gort botched, was an Ecuador Gold cup. The second batch, that brewed just fine, was an inexpensive Kenya.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
Mine started doing the exact same thing at the end of Dec. I found the thread below and used the 'Flow Rate' method to sent off the results to Behmor, along with a link to my municipal water quality report showing how super soft our water is:

http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3863

I got quick replies from Customer Service and they sent me out a new replacement machine (just the machine, no thermal carafe). It has been working flawlessly since arrival, I still have no idea what could have caused the problem with the first machine.

Great customer service from Behmor, I'm still a bit nervous about reliability.

Offline woodstock

• Standard User
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
I also ran into the same issue early this month. I also contacted customer service and shared my problems and details about the water I use.  Their response e-mail stated they would be shipping another Brazen to my address (sans carafe also).  Great customer service, I hope there are no issues with this Brazen.

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »
Same here! Mine was a very early version that was initially replaced the first week. After one year of every day use, release valve issues. Behmor replaced the brewer within the two year warranty but outside the freebie time frame. It makes sense to replace defective units, but it's can be costly as well. Big thanks to Behmor!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:37:14 PM by hankua »