Author Topic: Meet Gort!  (Read 30809 times)

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
Re: Meet Gort!
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
^^^ Now there is some news I can use: it comes with a permanent gold mesh filter!

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »
Tahoejoe, you need to step it up a notch at the conventions; you are way to calm and staid; cut it loose my friend.  <big wink>
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
Passion baby..  ;)

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by the booth and those who couldn't for the kind words of encouragement .. trust me when I say it drives me to do better.

milowebailey

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
There are a lot of amped up people at a coffee fest, but Joe was turned up past 11.  :)  Great to meet you Joe and keep up the gort work!

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:33 AM »
you and people like you make this fun so it's easy to be excited..and stay excited.. thx

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:34:43 PM by tahoejoe »

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
So let us ponder Joe's progression: first a roaster, then a drip brewer, then.......

I predict a grinder.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

RobertL

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
So let us ponder Joe's progression: first a roaster, then a drip brewer, then.......

I predict a grinder.

Or espresso machine?

EricBNC

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »
...or a roaster with the level of control people have been begging for and upgrading away from their Behmor 1600's to find for far too long now?

I am glad you have a coffee maker, but as a Behmor roaster owner, I would like to see a kit or something to record profiles, temps, etc and give additional control when needed.

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2012, 05:50:05 AM »

I predict a grinder.

only the shadow knows  8)

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:31 AM »
...or a roaster with the level of control people have been begging for and upgrading away from their Behmor 1600's to find for far too long now?

I am glad you have a coffee maker, but as a Behmor roaster owner, I would like to see a kit or something to record profiles, temps, etc and give additional control when needed.

Understood but between attorneys, insurance companies, ETL, UL, GS and CE...it ain't all that easy to give users what they want due to a few Darwin Award winner wannabees

EricBNC

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2012, 06:20:13 AM »

Understood but between attorneys, insurance companies, ETL, UL, GS and CE...it ain't all that easy to give users what they want due to a few Darwin Award winner wannabees

OK, it ain't easy but it ain't impossible either - I hope you sell a million coffee makers and then come back to give attention to what gave you your voice - what are these guys doing that exposes them to any more liability than your current roaster?

http://www.hottopusa.com/

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:56 AM »
When somebody makes an "affordable" (whatever that is) cool grinder capable of espresso and easy switching to drip their name will be imortalized in the espresso hall of fame.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

EricBNC

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »
When somebody makes an "affordable" (whatever that is) cool grinder capable of espresso and easy switching to drip their name will be imortalized in the espresso hall of fame.

OE Pharos, Zassenhaus (many models), Baratza Preciso, etc...

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
I'm not so sure if the Pharos is cool or if its labratorial in a 1950's monster movie sort of way...

But in any event I mean with power.  8)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »

OK, it ain't easy but it ain't impossible either - I hope you sell a million coffee makers and then come back to give attention to what gave you your voice - what are these guys doing that exposes them to any more liability than your current roaster?

http://www.hottopusa.com/

Eric.. with all due respect..it's easy to build what has already been approved (current HotTop or Behmor 1600) until you revise to a new model or make program changes.. then you are forced to seek new approvals and meet the newest standards. I more than anyone know who does what and when and I also know what the limitations are since it is front and center with me everyday.

Lastly ..no one understands better than I the role users/ customers make to my world, nor does anyone appreciate them more than I and to infer to the contrary or to infer that I don't listen is insulting..

Walk a day in my shoes and you would have not written what you did..

ps.. I can and do multi-task

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:16:58 AM by tahoejoe »