Author Topic: Roadshow Le Nez Du Cafe - track it by the schmell  (Read 17505 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Roadshow Le Nez Du Cafe - almost on the road
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:58 AM »
Good tip I learned while on the road -- to break the fragrance or aroma of a previous cup/nez du cafe, bend your elbow and sniff of you elbow pinch.  It clears the previous aroma.

B|Jal-bow

That trick really works.  While B|GassyChassis and I were rooming together in Portland, the old goat was repeatin' like a howitzer.  I spent most of nights sleeping with my schnoz in my elbow.  One of his more seismic blasts actually stopped to room clock at 4:12pm.  It stayed like that all the way to check-out time.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

jbviau

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Ha! Problem: isn't that bend the one you're supposed to sneeze into? 8)

BoldJava

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
Ha! Problem: isn't that bend the one you're supposed to sneeze into? 8)

Wrong side.

BoldJava

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »
That trick really works.  While B|GassyChassis and I were rooming together in Portland, the old goat was repeatin' like a howitzer.  I spent most of nights sleeping with my schnoz in my elbow.  One of his more seismic blasts actually stopped to room clock at 4:12pm.  It stayed like that all the way to check-out time.

This story is true; only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.  Clown woke me up with a howitzer volley at 4.12a.

jbviau

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »
Those of us who don't win might be interested in the deal that cooking.com has going on the 6-aroma "Temptation" kit:

http://www.cooking.com/6-pc-coffee-aromas-temptation-kit_191882_11/

Aroma List [NB: there's some overlap with the road show list]

1) Garden peas
2) Blackcurrant-like
3) Butter
4) Caramel
5) Roasted peanuts
6) Roasted coffee

With shipping to me it would be $24 and change, which is much cheaper than Espresso Parts is charging. This site often has 20% off coupons available on clearance items, too (though not currently as far as I can tell).

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 07:17:25 AM »
Just sent payment. Sorry for the delay. I hadn't check this thread in a few days.

tyme

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
Payment sent,  sorry for the delay.

ecc

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
Ok, I have the envelope, and the winner is ....

#4  the yakster!

Congratulations Chris, you will be moved to the last in line.  When this all done, any of us should be able to find your house/office without a GPS.

sub_g has been destroying his sinuses this week, so after the weekend I will start bugging him to return it.
jbviau, if you would please PM me your shipping address, I will let you know (so you can warn your mailman!) when I send it.

Thanks again everyone for your participation, and your patience, this one took a little bit of extra concentration from us all...

jbviau

Re: Roadshow Le Nez Du Cafe - track it by the schmell
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
Congrats! Yeah, saw those. I want to get Trish's take in particular on what she thinks "coffee pulp" smells like.

BoldJava

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »
Ok, I have the envelope, and the winner is ....

#4  the yakster!

Oh great, just what Radar O'Reiley needs...

jbviau

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Those of us who don't win might be interested in the deal that cooking.com has going on the 6-aroma "Temptation" kit:

1) Garden peas
2) Blackcurrant-like
3) Butter
4) Caramel
5) Roasted peanuts
6) Roasted coffee

With shipping to me it would be $24 and change, which is much cheaper than Espresso Parts is charging. This site often has 20% off coupons available on clearance items, too (though not currently as far as I can tell).

^^^ p.s. Free shipping code for the set listed above, too: C92247

I couldn't resist any longer and ordered it last night.

ecc

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »

1) Garden peas
2) Blackcurrant-like
3) Butter
4) Caramel
5) Roasted peanuts
6) Roasted coffee

^^^ p.s. Free shipping code for the set listed above, too: C92247

I couldn't resist any longer and ordered it last night.

Me too.  (and a one of them french cast iron sauce pans)

jbviau

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
sub_g has been destroying his sinuses this week, so after the weekend I will start bugging him to return it.
jbviau, if you would please PM me your shipping address, I will let you know (so you can warn your mailman!) when I send it.

Sent that address last week. Ready to get my sniff on!

Related: the Temptation kit I ordered arrived today smelling like garden peas despite the fact that the pea vial had no obvious leaks. According to the manual, this vegetal earth scent (2-Methoxy-3-isopropylpyrazine) is so strong that a few drops could be detected in an Olympic-sized swimming pool. I believe it! ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:56:56 AM by jbviau »

ecc

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »
Sorry Josh, It will be in the mail Monday.  We have been having too much fun with it, and got the cooking.com kit yesterday.  I was thinking of using the case to ship our 10 schmells in,  and perhaps make a copy of the booklet that comes with.  Instead I will just stick it in with the other schmells and let everyone sort it out for themselves.

The temptation kit renumbers the smells 1-6 and overlaps with 2 on our roadshow.  The garden peas, and the blackcurrant-like.  The butter and roasted peanuts were interesting, the coffee pulp less so.  The booklet was neat, and the book cover box looks good (at least as good as it can look double sealed in plastic baggies)

It will likely show up smelling badly of garden peas, as does my car from storing the roadshow kit. Surprisingly there were a few at work that couldn't smell it, others that were obviously damaged by it.  The rest weren't as pervasive, the apple was one of my favorites -  the smell was elusive until you put a label on it, then all you could picture was a golden delicious.

Smell on!

jbviau

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »
Cool! Oh, hey, no rush. I like your baggie idea.