Author Topic: Roadshow Le Nez Du Cafe - track it by the schmell  (Read 17506 times)

jbviau

Re: Roadshow Le Nez Du Cafe - track it by the schmell
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:42 AM »
It's an amazingly persistent scent, right? I'd been keeping the pea vial from my Temptation kit inside a plastic bag in the original box, which itself was sealed inside a plastic Tupperware (follow that?). However, I was still catching a whiff from time to time, so yesterday I finally isolated the damn thing inside a VacuVin tub. Sheesh!

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
Persistent?  I walked toward a box on the kitchen table and I could smell green stuff... Looked at the address and understood just what you all were talking about. The box was wrapped in miles of wrapping tape, sealed tight and you could see this odor sneaking out from the cracks.

My husband is not a happy camper. My dogs won't talk to me.  :o Wow.

Aromajunkie

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 11:03:31 PM »
Princess and the pea?

8)

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 04:02:13 AM »
Lol!
The princess would be the young 7-year-old who stayed with us last night. I was really surprised to see that a single smell, chemically isolated, would be interpreted three different ways. And also that an ubiquitous smell like butter would not be recognized by anyone but me. Really neat roadshow.

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »
The schmell has landed at it's final destination.  I'm too tired to do much but say that I'm smelling a lot of garden peas.
I nominate you KING of the RoadShows  8)
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

ecc

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »
Thanks for the link, and the update Yakster!

I know that it's crazy, but I swear that every once in a while, when the wind is from the west, I catch a trace of that green pea smell...

jbviau

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:49 AM »
^^^ Thanks! Very cool. It took me a min. to figure this out, but I was able to download the document for free after uploading a random .pdf file (the manual for my son's bike was handy). Will take a look later.