Author Topic: Cafino Brewer  (Read 2621 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Cafino Brewer
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
This one have traveling road show possibilities written all over it. Very sexy. Almost a steam punk look to the brewer.

http://store.luminaire.com/cafino-coffee-maker

The enjoyment of coffee as part of our culture and awareness of its tradition was the inspiration that guided Tassilo von Grolman through the design process of the Cafino coffee maker. Crafted from stainless steel and glass, the coffee maker simplifies the process of this daily ritual. Simply place finely ground coffee beans into the double stainless steel mesh sieve, insert into the heat resistant borosilicate glass cylinder, pour boiled water to capacity, and let the aroma unfold. After brewing and removal of the sieve, the bitterns are also removed from the coffee maker, and it is all done in an ecologically friendly manner, without filter bags.

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
Re: Cafino Brewer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:17:06 PM »
I haven't had much luck keeping borosilicate glass intact--it's really thin. Other than that, it looks sexy.

jbviau

Re: Cafino Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
Pricey, no? Also, I'm not sure I love the fact that there's a decent-sized gap between the bottom of the filter and the bottom of the glass cylinder it sits in--something less than full-immersion.