Author Topic: Closed: Bonavita Porcelain Immersion Brewer Traveling Road Show  (Read 14872 times)

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
OK. Back in Internet-land.

I really like the Bonavita. The Piao I is similar, but the flavors are softer in the Bonavita (probably because of the paper filter). Very full mouthfeel, not too much sediment--a keeper for me.

I believe that the reason I don't care for my drip coffee is that I really prefer the big body of immersion coffee. I did a lot of tent camping this summer, and my setup is a Kleen Kanteen with a fine metal filter. Stick ground coffee in, dump water, wait, pour out into cup. A Sowdon SoftBrew in stainless, essentially. The Piao I and Bonavita are just more elegant methods.  Thank you all for breaking in the Bonavita!! :)

BozemanEric

Re: Closed: Bonavita Porcelain Immersion Brewer Traveling Road Show
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15:23 AM »
When this product first arrived I was underwhelmed by the product.  I have never been a big fan of the CCD.  I had always preferred the V60 over the Bonavita. Over the past year my workload, especially in the morning, has gotten greater and greater. Believe it or not I have found that I cherish the three extra minutes that it takes to do a manual pour over. If I use the Bona Vita, I can use that three minutes to prepare my breakfast and be out the door that much sooner.

In short, the Bonavita has become my primary brew method Monday through Friday.  I still like the flavor of the V60/Kone better, but the simplicity in the ease of Bonavita make it my go-to, workday brewer.  I actually broke my original one a few months back. It was no fault of Bonavita, I knocked it off the counter on the hardwood floors.  I ordered a new one the same day. I think this is a great brewer. I think it is especially good for people who are looking for ease-of-use or an introductory brewer for someone's first manual brewer.