Author Topic: Comandante C40 Hand Grinder - Roadshow & Lottery  (Read 27345 times)

yakster

Comandante C40 Hand Grinder - Roadshow & Lottery
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »

This is a 40 gram german hand grinder with stainless steel burr set.  It's garnered some interest in the specialty coffee industry, but not all that much on the consumer side yet.

Not sure of release date, I've heard rumors that units have shipped, but wanted to start a traveling road show.  The latest is that Able Brewing will be the exclusive US distribution for this and the estimate availability in about two weeks  No money now but commitments needed.  I estimate $20 each, on the high side, but this is pure WAG (wild ass guess).  Able also let me know it should retail for $150.  This has now been pre-ordered, $16 will get you a week to try out this grinder and a 1 in 9 chance at winning the lottery and keeping this beauty. (I'll take myself out of the running)  I'll start taking payment once this grinder ships.

I've got word that the pre-ordered grinders are shipping today/this week, and later on I got shipment confirmation from Able (9/30/13) so I'm opening this up for payments.  Please send a paypal payment to yakster (at) gmail (dot) com for $16 with Comandante and your GCBC user name in the subject line, and if you make this a personal payment on PayPal and you have a bank account linked then neither of us will have to eat any PayPal fees.  Payments are now complete.

I will take 9 other entrants and have a random number selected.  That number is the winner and goes to the bottom of the list and gets to keep it.  Others have the opportunity to play with the grinder for 7 days and then ship it to the next GCBC member.  Each member is responsible for paying for shipping to the next on the list. 

Who is in?  The roster's now full, we're just waiting for this to ship, scheduled for the first week in October.  I'll ask for payment when it ships or just prior and then use www.random.org to select a winner once everyone's paid up and get this roadshow on the road.

The lottery has been run on Random.org, I mapped all the entrants besides myself to numbers and the lucky member is ... Sonnyhad, congratulations Sonnyhad.  Sonnyhad now moves to the bottom of the list and will retain the grinder and any bragging rites.

1.  Yakster                       -- Paid!
2.  Sosha                         -- Paid!
3.  Jbviau                         -- Paid!  
4.  Mass. Wine Guy           -- Paid!
5.  Headchange4u             -- Paid!
6.  Bassguy                      -- Paid!
-----
8.  Ray T                          -- Paid!
9.  Milowebailey                 -- Paid!
10.  ScareYourPassenger   -- Paid!

-----
Winner

7.  Sonnyhad                    -- Paid!  <---- Landed, journey complete!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:09:22 PM by Joe »

Offline sosha

• Standard User
Comandante C40 Hand Grinder shipping - Traveling Road Show
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:28:09 PM »
I'm  in!
LMWDP #440

jbviau

Re: Comandante C40 Hand Grinder shipping - Traveling Road Show
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:05:07 AM »
In, please!

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »
I'd love to try it out. Thank you for doing this.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »
I'll try it.

kaotep

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:45:49 AM »
wow, nice looking grinder. i'd love to join but being from another country, shipping and receiving that thing is going to be a PITA. only exception would if you're going to be the last one to receive it.

kaotep

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
wow, nice looking grinder. i'd love to join but being from another country, shipping and receiving that thing is going to be a PITA. only exception would if you're going to be the last one to receive it.

Not sure where you're at, but I know that they've got grinders heading to Mexico, Australia and other countries, and as the grinder is made in Germany, it might be available in Europe.

hey Chris, i'm here in the Philippines.

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:21:05 PM »
I'm dense. What would the $20 pay for?

Bassguy

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
looks like i'm missing out on the LIDO2 roadshow, so I'm in for this one!

Ray T

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:49:05 PM »
I'm dense. What would the $20 pay for?

You get to play with it and a 1 in 10 chance of winning it  ;D

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »
I'd like a go at it!

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
I was reading about the Pharos grinder, did you get to try it, or did you miss the opportunity? Couldn't tell, and have not read any reviews on it.

kaotep

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »
oh no problems getting stuff from the US to where I am. just sad i can't join the roadshow because of my geographical location

Unfortunately, I'm going to limit this to USA participants only, but maybe it it gets good reviews you can find a source that works for you.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
oh no problems getting stuff from the US to where I am. just sad i can't join the roadshow because of my geographical location

You just have to make sure you're the winner, and then you'll be the last one to get it, so you keep it.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 11:14:41 PM »
I was reading about the Pharos grinder, did you get to try it, or did you miss the opportunity? Couldn't tell, and have not read any reviews on it.