Author Topic: Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit  (Read 3934 times)

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:28:49 AM »
Earlier this year, we were made aware of an issue concerning a relatively small percentage of carafes that dribbled. When the issue was brought to our attention, we brought it to the attention of the factory, which was surprised. Mr Coffee had used that carafe in over 200,000 units without any reports of this dribbling effect.

I want to personally apologize to every Behmor Brazen customer affected by this.

Despite the low overall percentage of carafes involved, we felt the best solution was to do a complete spout/upper portion redesign. The full vetting/testing is completed, and all involved are more than satisfied with the results. We hope you will be, too.

Starting Monday- September 20th, we will have a kit available for anyone interested (instruction sent via email) in swapping the old upper portion of the carafe with the new one. The swap requires two screwdrivers (small flat head and a Phillips) and about 5 minutes’ time.

Video of the procedure can be found at You Tube by doing a keyword search- Behmor Carafe Upper Portion or directly at: 
Behmor Carafe Upper Portion Swap and Replace

If you have a carafe that has issues with dribbling, please send an email to: support@behmor.com 

Please provide the following data:

Subject line: Carafe Kit 
Body: Name, address, serial number and where purchased.  No P.O. Boxes, please.

I’d also like to thank all those who have assisted and displayed a great deal of patience while Behmor found a solution.

We’ll also be doing a swap on existing inventory, so all new units will ship with the corrected carafe and kits provided to distributors for distribution if needed.

Again, my personal and sincerest apologies for the issue and any inconvenience it has caused.

Best regards,

Joe Behm

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Re: Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
Thanks for the excellent follow-up, Joe.

I really enjoy my Brazen, it makes an excellent cup of coffee. The only downside to an otherwise excellent machine is the frustrating carafe pour, I'm excited there is a fix in place!

I'm emailing my serial number right now. Appreciate your efforts to get that fix in place as I'm sure it wasn't a cakewalk.

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 06:04:15 AM »
Yeah this was a painfully slow redesign because we wanted to be 100% sure on the outcome.

We literally looked at every existing design and found all to be deficient in one way or another. It got to the point every hotel, restaurant, etc etc I was in that had any carafe, or other item with a spout I photographed the design, shape etc. It was amazing how many of them all dribbled until I came across a silver plated creamer which always poured cleanly. It then became challenge to adapt something similar in plastic..

The greatest frustration was the carafe was the only item we didn't design ourselves and never saw the dribble occur in numerous test units which is why when I first heard of it, I was taken aback as was the factory. When we finally got a carafe that consistantly repeated the dribble I flew to Asia with this carafe in my carryon and watched a room full of engineers stunned when we showed them what was occurring.

We then dug into everything and after almost 6 months, finally 21 days ago retooling was completed and I air freighted these in, otherwise it would have been another 6 possibly 8 weeks...

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and again my personal apologies

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »
We then dug into everything and after almost 6 months, finally 21 days ago retooling was completed and I air freighted these in, otherwise it would have been another 6 possibly 8 weeks...

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and again my personal apologies

Excellent follow-on service Joe.  Glad you have it worked out.

JW

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
Joe,
I am so happy to hear this. I love the coffee the Brazen makes, and honestly found the constant dribble an annoyance. I learned to live with it, but am very happy a fix is in place.
Thanks so much.

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 08:44:43 AM »
JW.. sincerest apologies and appreciate your patience while we worked this out.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
I replaced mine today, the new spout works really well. Thanks Joe.

Offline CincyDawg

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
I replaced mine over the weekend, very easy and a great improvement. Thanks, Joe.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's money" - Alexis de Tocqueville
"A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline tahoejoe

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your patience.

I've just finished with meetings in both Asia and Portland, with all involved quite happy with the results. Now we can go back to marketing the darn thing..

On a side note, after reviewing a mock-up of a new idea plus associated testing data last week, I can say more new products to follow, one by SCAA which should be nicely received except by our competitors.

Again many and sincerest thanks to all.. we can't do what we do without you..