Author Topic: Bonavita pid kettle for $57!  (Read 3103 times)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Bonavita pid kettle for $57!
« on: August 27, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »
http://slickdeals.net/f/8060538-bonavita-1-liter-variable-temperature-digital-electric-gooseneck-kettle-new-customers-only-jet-com-57-01-fs-ac

I wish I paid this when I got one. This kettle is the best of the few I have tried and seems to be holding up better than the Pino.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Bonavita pid kettle for $57!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
I saw that too...  I use the non-adjustable-temp model and love it.  Will this one hold a given temp, say 205, without shutting off?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

RobertL

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
Yes it will hold a set temp for a period of time. I think it holds it for 20 minutes but I could be wrong.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:33:20 PM »
I have the stove top one, But this looks really tempting
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

wideasleep1

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 08:11:19 PM »
PID holds temp for an hour. I have two, one gooseneck, one large kettle, both PID...can't live without them.

Offline Batman

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »
I have this kettle, but have been trying to get the strong chemical smell of plastic/epoxy out of it.  I have owned it for about two months and have not switched to using it for coffee because of this.  Note: I actually have not tested to see if this smell is present as a taste in the water, so I may be blowing that out of proportion.  One online review did suggest keeping the water level low so it doesn't touch the plastic handle piece inside.

It will hold your desired temp for one hour per the manual and per my monkeying around with it.  Heats up fast, so I'm really bummed about the whole odor thing.  It would shave a small bit of time off my mornings not having to wait on the stove top kettle.

Anyone else have this issue with the Bonavita?