Author Topic: The Charis project GCBC partnership  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
The Charis project GCBC partnership
« on: January 07, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »

Some of you may or may not know that I am personal friends with the Blue family who started this non profit called the Charis project. They were founded with a lofty goal of ending orphanages and that model and replacing it with a sustainable entrepreneurial model that allows for families to be supported and thrive. I am planning to possibly go to Thailand this March with my Church and to visit the Charis project along with a few other stops along the way. Most likely Yindee coffee which was started by a Vineyard pastor- to tie in the coffee nature of this forum.

The Charis project

If you feel like partnering financially or otherwise with any of these organizations please go to them directly. If you would like to know ways to help send me to Thailand you can send me a PM and I might be starting a gofundme or something soon. I also have a busy March planned where I might be in Ireland as well in my role as a youth Pastor.

The goals of this forum will be similar to Grounds for health in that I will be hosting fund raising opportunities (garage sales, special coffee distributions etc.) where all profits go to Charis project on behalf of GCBC.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:56:12 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
Re: The Charis project GCBC partnership
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
Well the first ability to partner with Charis project is well on it's way,
It's official I will be heading out to Thailand along with my oldest son around Mid March for 10 days. We will be hosting a youth camp, visiting the Charis Project and I will update the Itinerary but it will be chocked full. I am hoping to visit Yindee Coffee as well.

I will need to fund raise around $2700 for both of us to go, I am expecting to raise around $1200 through my church the rest will come from friends, family, and personal finances.

As a creative way to allow members to contribute I plan on selling green coffee where all profits (these will be disclosed) will go directly towards the fund raising efforts. I will also be hosting coffee related garage sales as well where all profits go towards the costs. If you would like to partner with me to help us get to Thailand that would be great. I plan on taking a few GCBC tie-dyes as well just to hand out so that people know that there is group of coffee freaks that is thinking about the people of Thailand.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
My Friend growing up- Tai Lopez and his assistant(cousin) Maya Burkenroad wrote the check for me and Anthony to go. We are fully funded at this point, there are a few team members still fund raising if you would still like to contribute. A wonderful lady name Melissa Brewer who was a singer for Dakota Motor co. back in the 90's and her eldest Son EJ still have about the same amount to raise. It would be really cool if GCBC or some of it's members were behind this effort. We will be at the Bangkok Vineyard for most of the time working with them in the slums, we also will be putting together an English youth camp which just an amazing opportunity for me to be involved with the Youth in Thailand. There will also be some time to visit Jeff from Yindee Coffee and the Blue's (Charis Project) who just had their 2nd baby in Thailand but their 6th child overall.

If you would like to donate (tax deductible) to send the other team members to Thailand you can go to www.coastvineyard.org/get-involved/give  click Thailand partnership.

Thanks for even reading this. I am looking into getting some GCBC cares t-shirts made with Charis project, Yindee coffee, grounds for health, coast Vineyard Thailand partnership,  etc. listed on the shirts. 100% of the proceeds will go to those charities.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:11:47 PM »
I am signed up to go back to Thailand this March for anyone looking to make a difference to the youth in Thailand living in the slums of Bangkok let me know and we can get some work done.