Author Topic: Technivorm Moccamaster just died need 2 replace with $200 or less  (Read 12555 times)

Offline Badam

• Standard User
Re: Technivorm Moccamaster just died need 2 replace with $200 or less
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »
We love our Bunn in the house and my Bloomfield 8542 Koffee King in the shop. Wondering about the Ninja coffee bar brewer, I see Samsclub has them on sale this coming Saturday for one day only for $99.00 reg $169.00, think I might give it a test drive just for S & G. has anybody heard anything about these things, after reading reviews it sure has allot of features.       

Just because it made me happy to read about someone else having the Boomfield Koffee King, I'll add that I have one as well. I found it used and I only needed to descale it and paint the rusted bottoms of the plate warmers. Using the thermostat inside you can change the temp of the water, Mine comes out at a consistent 200 degrees F, and recharges quickly with the 1700 watt element. Not bad for $25. Mine is the 8543 BTW, not sure if the "3" makes a difference.

Hworx

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »
My  Technivorm Moccamaster just died this morning. It will not power up. I have had it for about 7 years and sent it back to them several years ago for the same problem. I do not remember but I am thinking they repaired it for $75 but I had to pay shipping.

Part of the top of the reservoir is broke off (maid broke it) and if you fill up too much it will leak down on the stand. This is why it probably shorted out. That is why we do not want to send it back in and then wind up with the same problem.

Is there a drip coffee maker for less than $200 that gets water at 196 degrees and above that makes good coffee, like or similar to the TV?

Here is one on Amazon I am thinking about https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O9FO1HK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1YAYQOJRJXFY&coliid=IQD00F7Q3YFQG&psc=1

Any suggestion or ideas?

Thanks
Tom

If you will call Technivorm they will let you send it in and they will fix anything wrong with it for $50.  I did this myself, much cheaper than buying something that is probably no 1/2 as good.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
thank you for this info hworx.  For those who may have a seriously used / abused machine this may be a deal indeed!

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 06:47:37 PM »
$6

Slays everything else you guys mentioned so far.  ;D
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
I have a ton of coffee brewers including 2 Technivorms (1 for the office, 1 for home). If one breaks down I would not hesitate spending $300 instead of a $200 experiment. IMHO nothing brews coffee (auto-drip) as well as a Technivorm. My Bunn mB Trifecta is equal in quality but only brews one cup at a time.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Hworx

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »
thank you for this info hworx.  For those who may have a seriously used / abused machine this may be a deal indeed!

Aaron

I told you wrong, the cost is $59 instead of $50.  I am pasting content from an email from Technivorm.  Much cheaper than buying something else that will never measure up to a Moccamaster.

"Thank you for contacting Technivorm-Moccamaster USA. I am happy to help you today!

I am sorry to hear your brewer is not operating properly. Although we are not able to distribute floats and internal parts internal parts however, we do have a fantastic service repair center that can repair your brewer for you. We just ask that you pay for the postage to send it to us, we pay for the postage back to you. Out-of-warranty repair/service is also available for $59. I have included a link to your Instruction Manual below, where you may find additional troubleshooting ideas, as well as your warranty information on page 16."

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
My technivorm just developed some hairline cracks in the water reservoir. I reached out to customer service to see how they would respond. So far they are offering for me to send it in for $99 to be repaired. I hope they end up covering it under warranty. We will see.

The $59 repairs are for minor repairs.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:23:12 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 04:36:15 PM »
Good luck on the repair. $99 is a big chunk of a new rig.   

Is it me or is it kinda crappy that there seem to be probs with the aforementioned makers (TV, BV, etc). I'm probably too old school to be relevant, but I just think things should last longer than what they do. 

My talented SO bought me a Chemex Ottomatic and I like it okay.  I'm not gonna brag about it though as I think it brews too  cool .  No probs yet, knock wood. 

I'd prob be interested in a Bunn with a shutoff if the temp is even thru the brew. 

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »
I recieved word today they will cover the repairs under warranty but I have to ship the brewer in.

The problems seem to be related to things that aren't brewer specific. I.e. The bonavita I had a problem with the switch not self shutting down. I doubt the switch was made by bonavita. Technivorm to their credit seem willing to cover repairs. Bonavita wins hands down in the service dept though. They sent me a new brewer and told me to throw away my old one, over a switch :-/. Technivorm is more earth friendly ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:20:36 PM by Joe »

Offline stevea

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »
Done the Tech, Brazen, Bonavita. Ended up with a plain old Bunn, get the grind right you will barely tell the difference or maybe can't. if I have some very special beans $10.00+ a pound green, pour over or French press it, that's what I do.

Out of curiosity - which model Bunn ?  My Mom had a Bunn ages ago and IIRC you could adjust the water temp w/ an adjustment screw - is that still the case ?
I mentioned elsewhere that I burnt out two BonaVitas in the past couple years - I'll accept blame for the first one (failed to de-lime often enough) but the second - dunno.
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."  — Mark Twain

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
FYI if you look at the adminreview for the Technivorm. There is some nice info for anyone looking to secure one.