Author Topic: Bullet R1  (Read 23602 times)

Offline edgarallanpoe

• Standard User
Re: Bullet R1
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
I put my name on the list at SM...they are hoping for an early June restock at the latest.  Fingers crossed

Offline mriversinco

• Standard User
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »
So, looking at this next set of bullet's and trying to convince myself not to take the plunge....

Is there anything new, or improved with them?

prust

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
My name is on the list as well but at this point I am not sure I want to purchase a product from a company that can't produce the units.  They have been working on this roaster for a few years and they still dribble to market.  These units were initially due back in January.  The situation does not provide a comfortable feeling that the company will be around long term for service and/or parts. 

PR

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »
Good things are worth the wait!
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 09:51:56 PM »
Anyone out there suffering through the new RoastTime 2.0 software?

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2018, 07:59:12 AM »
Anyone out there suffering through the new RoastTime 2.0 software?

Nope. Loving the latest Artisan release on my Huky tho  ;)

Seriously, sorry for your troubles.  It sux when things we use and rely on get broken by a software update. 

Offline edgarallanpoe

• Standard User
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
I haven't had any problems with the old software so I've been holding off on downloading and installing the new one.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it....I guess.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
Until they brick it to force you to upgrade, a la Apple. (grrr).

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2018, 12:14:33 AM »
I haven't had any problems with the old software so I've been holding off on downloading and installing the new one.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it....I guess.
Very wise choice!  I was thinking of uninstalling the USB drivers and going back to V1, but then decided to just keep going with the V2.  I always stay on Debian testing, too, so I guess I just like the feeling of continuous improvement over boring reliability.

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
I recently installed the new infrared bean temp module, and it is changing how I roast.  Unlike the original thermocouple probe, that has a one minute lag, this new IRBT gives instantaneous readings.  For example, when beans are charged, the bean temp reading instantly begins to risen no dip then runt-around.  Plus, no more glass window over an IR drum temp module to clean!  I recently roasted a few 200gr batches, and had very precise bean temp readings, with FC at the same temps as with a 680gr charge.  Cool!

Offline edgarallanpoe

• Standard User
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 11:27:51 AM »
I'm on the list for the new upgrade.  Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to have the plug and play control board so I will need to replace that as well.

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »
Or, you could take your board to a local cell phone repair shop and have them solder for you.  Cheaper and faster.

Offline Benjamin

• Standard User
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2019, 09:01:50 PM »
I was looking at the Artisan 3e for my next roaster, but then they upped the price by 30% overnight, so screw them.

I then stumbled across the Behmor Jake (looks to be a new competitor to the Bullet), but general consensus seems to be that one is better paying a few hundred more bucks for the new and improved Bullet due out later this year, rather than going for the untested v1 of the Behmor Jake.

My name is hopefully going on the SM list tomorrow and then things will come together around Thanksgiving...from what I've seen on YouTube, the Bullet looks to be very sturdy and offer the exact jump in quality and control that I want in my next roaster.

Oh, and it appears that the roasting software can now run on Linux, so fingers crossed on that. Not like I was going to put OpenBSD on bare metal any time soon...
Behmor 1600+
Orphan Espresso Lido E
Moka (6+12), Fr. Press

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2019, 09:08:43 PM »
The Bullet is absolutely fantastic, but very different from the Artisan in that it is a drum roaster, and different from all other drum roasters in that it is induction heated.  The upcoming V2 will be the fully mature version, although V1 was already pretty mature.  The company, Aillio, is also really stand-up.  The software is a work in progress, and is actually developed on Linux, then cross assembled for Windows and XOS.  The only limitation with Linux, though, is that it currently depends on systemd, so it will not work on Slackware, et al.  You will not regret going with the Bullet.

Offline Benjamin

• Standard User
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2019, 10:46:30 PM »
The Bullet is absolutely fantastic, but very different from the Artisan in that it is a drum roaster, and different from all other drum roasters in that it is induction heated.  The upcoming V2 will be the fully mature version, although V1 was already pretty mature.  The company, Aillio, is also really stand-up.  The software is a work in progress, and is actually developed on Linux, then cross assembled for Windows and XOS.  The only limitation with Linux, though, is that it currently depends on systemd, so it will not work on Slackware, et al.  You will not regret going with the Bullet.

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'll be keeping my OpenBSD installation as a VM for the foreseeable future...current Linux distro is SysD friendly, so there are no problems there. Fingers crossed now that nothing goes awry with SM's shipment, I'd really like to avoid the import duties if possible.
Behmor 1600+
Orphan Espresso Lido E
Moka (6+12), Fr. Press