Author Topic: Bonavita bv1900ts Review by Joe  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Bonavita bv1900ts Review by Joe
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:02:52 PM »
Here is my video review that is on our Youtube, and Facebook accounts as well.

Some highlights in case you can't watch the video:

Pro's:
It's a high quality brewer that brews at the proper temperature. I was averaging around 200-205F. The shower screen is still the best, comparable to my old Starbucks aroma and the newco OCS brewers. They have made some improvements over the older BV1800th I used to own in that the lid is more thermal, the water tank is clear and most importantly the power switch seems to be much better and simple. The wide mouth of the carafe provides easy cleaning however it has a small annoyance in the "cons" section. The biggest pro on this is the price, I am seeing most prices around $150 and it's simply the best brewer for that amount of money on the market. The customer service should be mentioned first as they have been nothing but a joy to work with. If I ever have a problem they go above and beyond what I would normally expect.

con's:
The flat bottom basket is not my personal favorite, I prefer the cone shaped baskets and they are easier to find swiss gold style filters for. The lid is a two lid system where you remove the basket and replace the lid with the sealable dispenser. I wish above any other improvement that they would make a pass through and pour lid. I didn't mention this in the video but the lid design has a plastic lip that retains a small amount of water after you rinse the carafe, this is more of an annoyance, it should be designed so the water drips completely out.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:00:38 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37