Author Topic: 10 lb zip lock bags source  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Javadive

• Standard User
10 lb zip lock bags source
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:31:28 AM »
We're can I buy in bulk 10 lb zip lock bags?

Thank you

Offline ptrmorton

• Standard User
Re: 10 lb zip lock bags source
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:00:38 AM »
I used to use "value zip" at discountplasticbags.com for church.  Lots of sizes and grades of food service bags. Haven't used them recently as I still have a lot of bags!  8)
AZ Peter

Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »
there re many sources for bags.  uline, international plastics etc.
For 10 Lbs, that is about a 2 gallon bag, and at that size, id pay the extra few pennies and go with the 4 mil bag.
I put 10 Lbs of lead into 2 mil gallon bags but I wouldn't guarantee that'd stand up to postal abuse and any sudden tugs or whatnot may not end up well.
Will 2 mil work, yes but how often are you moving it, what are you using it for etc.  If it's for coffee, something that will be opened and closed many times and hefted around, go with the 4 mil.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 09:12:38 PM »
I'm wondering if the OP is looking for a regular 4mil ziplock like we use for distros, or if he wants a foil pouch like would be used for roasted coffee.

I'd look on ebay if you just want some regular 4mil ziplocks.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Javadive

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 03:10:14 AM »
I started supplying coffee to the supermarket I mention in my other post. For their serif serve dispenser program I need to provide roasted coffee in 10 lb bags.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:19:20 AM »
Well in that case, zip lock bags will do the trick, they are just going to pour it into a dispenser and don't need anything super fancy.
Now that I think on it, you may need a bit bigger than 2 gallon,  roasted is lighter and bigger, maybe a 4 or 5 gallon bag.  Some of the plastics places if you ask them they might have an idea how big a bag you need and be able to provide a sample or two.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!