Author Topic: Rotate fun 300, Lysander pro 200g- Anyone have one?  (Read 7675 times)

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
Re: Rotate fun 300, Lysander pro 200g- Anyone have one?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
It's a well built machine from a long standing sold company. Feima is #1 in the Taiwan roaster market and sells all over SE Asia. Let me play around with one for awhile and push it past the limits.

Maybe the Fun200 on one of those butane stoves would do the trick for small charges?

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 09:08:29 AM »
Just came back from checking out the 100n baby gas roaster. Maximum capacity is 150g, stainless steel drum, adjustable gas, adjustable air, chaff tray, charging spoon, chaff bag, and dial BT thermometer.

There are several downsides to the machine; although its cute as a button and comes in 5 colors. You could even buy extra shrouds if your mood shifts from yellow to red.

The gas adjustment controls a single atmospheric burner, although it's variable the flame height seems to have three basic settings; low-medium-high. Air control is adjusted with a slide plate marked 1-4. At the shop they usually leave the gas on low and control the roast with the air plate.

No pressure gauge to keep track of heat settings, maybe connecting to Artisan and tracking ROR could be a substitute? Consistancy from batch to batch? I was also told it didn't do dark roasts well, not sure if that was based on taste or smoke coming out the back. The vent on the back could easily be connected to a 3" flex duct.

It can be shipped air freight, a wild guess is between 100-$150, that needs to be checked out at the post office.

I'm still going to try getting in touch with the Rotate Fun folks, probably after Spring Festival (Chinese New Year),

Any update on this?

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »
Haven't had a chance to get in touch with Rotate Fun; he didn't answer my email. will try a text or phone call. The major holiday is just winding up in Asia, some business are still closed. Im thinking monday things will get back to normal.

One issue with the 100n is I don't have LP gas only NG. My plan is to get one in LP and carry it over to a local roaster and let him check it out first. You could buy a stripped down Huky for what the 100n is going to cost and its only a 125g-150g roaster. Does this make sense for a home roaster?

The fun200 are probally going to run in the $200 as a guess; thats the one Joe was interested in. As its pretty lightweight shipping EMS should be reasonable. Is this Fun builder going to ship single units overseas? What about payment? I still have questions if this is something the group would be interested in; or is it just a starter gadget?

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 05:36:51 AM »
Came back from Rotate Fun this afternoon, there were some customers roasting on the 300 gas machine and ended up purchasing the "kit" which included a stove and cooling tray/roaster vent.

His opinion of the Fun200 was more of a showroom or teaching tool rather than something to be used for sample roasting duty. The Fun300 would be a better choice, the gas model without any accessories runs 9,000nt FOB Taiwan, and weighs 8kg packed in a carton.

There is a larger 1K machine called the 1200, one was shipped to a US customer in four cartons; so it shouldn't be a problem getting a Fun300 mailed.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »
That $9000nt works out to $297 USD. pretty inexpensive for the RT300

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »
That's without a stove or the bean cooler/venting tray. And it's the local price, so shipping and exchange fees would be extra.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
That's without a stove or the bean cooler/venting tray. And it's the local price, so shipping and exchange fees would be extra.

Do you have an idea what the final tally would be to San Diego? ;D

Sorry we couldn't catch up in Taiwan, we had less of a lay over than i thought and I was on the wrong side of the security gate.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »
Are you talking about just the gas Rotate Fun 300, without any acessories? Think he said it weighed 8kg packed. I'll check with the post office and try getting some information.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
What are the accessories? Like the cooling tray? Load it up lets see what it costs.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 03:13:46 AM »
Cooling tray and stove I'm guessing. The cooling tray gadget has a diverted with a gooseneck to suck up the chaff from the faceplate opening and blow it out a window. Have to check the price on that and how it changes the shipping.

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »
There's a problem dealing with the Rotate Fun factory or owner. He is reluctant to sell machines overseas due to a warranty issue that occurred in the past. What happens if there is an accident and a machine arrrives damaged?

In the case of the Huky, the builder has been shipping out replacement parts and covering warranty damage without much issue. There is enought cushion in the selling price to cover unexpected problems from his side. In addition he communicates with customers, ships quickly, provides spare parts and accessories, takes paypal, etc.

The Rotate fun is mostly lightweight metal except for the frame, the front bearing is essentially an open rivet. This is because there is bean contact with the front bearing. (It's replaceable)

Anyone who buys a machine in Taiwan, is going to get a local warranty; and shipping problems would be the responsibility of the sender. Although the Rotate Fun is a cute machine, it's not a mini drum roaster like the Huky or Quest.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 05:50:52 AM »
Thanks Hankua for the continued info.  That last few bits were the most important for me.