Author Topic: Fiorenzata Bricoletta  (Read 10249 times)

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
Re: Fiorenzata Bricoletta
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
That's just weird that the water level sensor works, but somehow lets too much water into the boiler.

As for the group, it may not be a pressure issue, but a flow/volume issue.  Check the lines from the boiler to the group.

Yep, learning a little more about the mechanics of hx which I hope is not leaking into the boiler. From what I've been able to find on the forums, if hx leaks into boiler tank that could be the cause of overfill but not sure why sensor wouldn't compensate for that. Looks like the group is fed from a separate line from the pump that flows through the hx. Gonna disconnect all lines to tank to see if there are any restrictions.
Fiorenzato espresso, Ceado E6P v2 grinder, USRC 3kg roaster

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 09:28:47 AM »
Bad news from shop today, the hx is leaking into the boiler causing the problem. Can get a new boiler/hx for 265 shipped...more to come.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
Bad news from shop today, the hx is leaking into the boiler causing the problem. Can get a new boiler/hx for 265 shipped...more to come.

Sorry to hear that! On the other hand, you now know what it is.

:)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:15:56 PM by mp »
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

should have got the Elektra... But the boiler on the Elektra was $800 to replace, I got mine from a spare for free.  So at least the cost is cheaper.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »

should have got the Elektra... But the boiler on the Elektra was $800 to replace, I got mine from a spare for free.  So at least the cost is cheaper.
Yeah, that Electra was very tempting but just too far away. After pulling the boiler, I visually confirmed the problem by looking through heating element hole. There was a small crack about 3/8" long in the HX along with a small bulge in that area of the HX. Maybe this machine was left in freezing conditions? Anything else that may have caused it to rupture? I have no previous history on this machine.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »

Yeah, that Electra was very tempting but just too far away. After pulling the boiler, I visually confirmed the problem by looking through heating element hole. There was a small crack about 3/8" long in the HX along with a small bulge in that area of the HX. Maybe this machine was left in freezing conditions? Anything else that may have caused it to rupture? I have no previous history on this machine.

Hmm ... maybe it was used heavily?

???
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 06:01:39 AM »
Here is a picture of the crack.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
Wow! Looks like a blaring crack.

:o
lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 09:23:19 AM »
Duct tape to the rescue!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »
Duct tape to the rescue!

Hmm, that may actually work! I wonder how long it would hold up? On the other hand, that is made out of aluminum, is it not?

???
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »
Jb weld. Hahaha. You could take it to a welder but i bet the metal is compromised
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »
Jb weld. Hahaha. You could take it to a welder but i bet the metal is compromised

Good point!

lp, 7-Ski

Abqbomb

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:24 AM »
The orientation and bulge around that crack are highly suggestive of freezing. Good that you ordered a new boiler.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
The orientation and bulge around that crack are highly suggestive of freezing. Good that you ordered a new boiler.

Agreed! Better to start off new.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:34 AM »
New boiler installed but now I think pump is bad. Tried to pull a shot and all I got was a dribble. Attached gauge to portafilter and only achieved about 2.7bar (40psi). Pump is filling boiler okay but doesn't seem to be able to generate enough pressure at group. Tried adjusting pump pressure using adjustment screw on pump but no change. Verified no blockages in all plumbing and valves in group and all was clear. Do I now need a new pump?