Author Topic: Cuisinart Pour Over  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
Cuisinart Pour Over
« on: July 29, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
Okay I tried to post this once and apparently it didn't not post.  If it does than I apologize for the duplicate post.

The wife notice that Cuisinart makes an automatic pour over.  Knowing that when I have the time (weekends) using a pour over is my choice of methods for making coffee, she suggested I buy one.  Yeah, I married one fine lady!  So I ordered one online and it arrived 2 days later.  There is a choice of either a glass or thermal carafe.  I chose the glass which is just on preference.  I don't like have to preheat the carafe and don't like the taste of a thermal pot.  The results should be the same but if you like thermal pots then look for that review online.

The brewer is a slick machine.  It comes with a fine mesh filter.  The claim is that it is laser etched.  It looks like a fine mesh and doesn't let any grinds through so I think it is fine.  It comes with a scooper which I don't use but it is there.  There is a charcoal filter and some paper filters too.  Other than that it just the machine.

The features are it is SCAA approved. That means it brews at the correct temperature.  It has an automatic on and off feature (only for 2 hours which they determine is too long for good coffee) but that again is not something I use.  The automatic shutoff isn't a big deal since most of the time the coffee is gone after 10 minutes.  It has three brew modes: mild, medium, and bold.  I have only used the medium.  That is what SCAA recommends and who am I to disagree?  It has two temperature: hot, and x-hot.  Again I used the SCAA recommended setting of hot.  Finally it has a clock.  All of this is on a digital display on the machine front.  BTW the machine is tall, about 15" high and a bit wide (no measurement there).

Now the brew process is different.  It starts and then appears to stop.  That according to the manual is to let the coffee bloom.  Then it pulses on and off for the rest of the cycle.  I didn't change the setting on my grinder since it is set for a pour over.  That setting work just fine.  The grinds appeared to be completed wetted. No dry grinds on the edges or sides.  The coffee makers takes a bit of time 15 minutes for 8 cups but I don't finded that to be a deal breaker.  I usually start the coffee and then take the dog for a walk.  The coffee was done when I returned.  So no big deal for me.

So the big question is how is the final product, the brewed coffee.  This machine brews a great cup of coffee.  I started with two day old Nigerian coffee and an 8 cup pot.  The coffee that I tasted had hints of chocolate, smoky aftertaste and great mouthfeel.   In a few words, a great cup!  I tried this maker with 4 and 6 cups, again great coffee.  This machine rivals my manual method.  I was very surprised and pleased.

So I am pleased with my purchase. The final thing is the cost.  I bought mine at bed, bath and beyond.  So with a 20% off coupon it was $132 and I think well worth the cost.

So hope you enjoyed this review.

Nucer

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:42:32 PM by Joe »
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
Re: Cuisinart Pour Over
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »
here is a look at the spray head.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
Looking good Bob! Haven't seen you around for a while. Cuisine art brewers always strike me as target/walmart best options. I had no idea they were scaa approved.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »
This is their only one that is SCAA approved.  Been busy with work and travel.  Life gets complicated sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome.

RobertL

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
That's a nice looking machine and the filter looks like an Able Kone.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
Welcome back Bob. Looks like quite a brewer you got yourself. Reviews on Amazon.com are very good indeed. One guy who had all the other automated pour over brewers, including the TV, prefers this one.

Sounds like a keeper.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
Have been using it now for a little over a week.  I am pleased and would recommend it.  Again the price almost makes it too hard to pass up.

Note I have no affiliation with Cuisinart nor do I own any stock in Cuisinart.  Just in case you were wondering.

(from sunny Poinciana)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »
Have been using it now for a little over a week.  I am pleased and would recommend it.  Again the price almost makes it too hard to pass up.

Note I have no affiliation with Cuisinart nor do I own any stock in Cuisinart.  Just in case you were wondering.

(from sunny Poinciana)

Where did you order it from? Amazon?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski