Author Topic: New (to me) La Spaziale espresso machine  (Read 1524 times)

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
New (to me) La Spaziale espresso machine
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »
I had to share my good fortune. Just got my first "premium" home espresso machine -- a LaSpaziale S1 Vivaldi. It's not the latest and greatest, but I'm hoping for good things. I still have to do some counter top surgery for the water line and do a little plumbing to tie into the water to complete the installation. 

I'm going to run without a softener until I get the kinks worked out as we have very soft water here, but what do you all run for a filtering/softening system? I'd prefer something compact enough to mount under the sink with minimal fuss and bother but I know nothing about the topic.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
Re: New (to me) La Spaziale espresso machine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
I know nothing about the topic.

I just hope you enjoy your new rig when you get it running. The latest and greatest is often over-rated when it comes to spro machines. 

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:46:14 AM »
yeah the S1 had some issues according to Chris. I would familiarize yourself with the known issues and just make sure you are prepared. Most people were more put off about the issues when they paid the premium. Sounds like you got a good price so you might be cool. I remember for Chris he had pump problems and found metal shavings in his coffee.... :o

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php/topic,7170.msg109920.html#msg109920
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
Chris grinderz, if your water is already that soft, you may get away with only using a carbon/sediment filter.

I'm not familiar w/ the S1's, and what was 'new & improved' with the SII.  Other than a sintered filter that had to be removed because it was installed wrong at the factory (that is only needed in Europe, but not on US municipal water), my SII has been flawless for going on 8 years.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you