Author Topic: Flair espresso machine- now travelling road show ;)  (Read 32246 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Flair espresso machine- now travelling road show ;)
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Will be interesting to get a relative expert's opinion!

Relative expert.
Is that like the know it all mother in law?  :)

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:36 PM »
Will be interesting to get a relative expert's opinion!

Relative expert.
Is that like the know it all mother in law?  :)

Aaron

That would be my guess.

No one is an expert here, and we definitely don't work for flair either. An unbiased review is all I offer. If you want expert I can point you to a bunch of self described experts on some well known forums.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
Ain't all dem experts and their exalted forums pretty much Tango Uniform by now?  :P

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline javagonzo

• Distributor
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2022, 08:23:13 PM »
I know this thread is ...like... pre-pandemic... but I got a Flair earlier this year and I don't know why I didn't get one sooner.  They are really fun and when you do your part (like, invest in a GOOD grinder) the 'spro from them is tremendous!
Preserve wildlife.... pickle a squirrel.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2022, 06:48:32 AM »
I know this thread is ...like... pre-pandemic... but I got a Flair earlier this year and I don't know why I didn't get one sooner.  They are really fun and when you do your part (like, invest in a GOOD grinder) the 'spro from them is tremendous!

I picked one up about a year ago. I enjoyed the espresso from it at times.  It was pretty hard to be consistent though so if getting clear insight into the coffee is a necessity it comes up short.  Could futz around with each shot though so that was fun.  I did not enjoy the workflow at all. 

They now have a powered model that I would demo if considering one again as the preheating/temp management/ etc at was a pretty big hassle.  A boiler lever is much easier. 

I am holding onto it though.  Probably because I'm a hoarder as we moved to a simple Moka pot and its in mothballs.