Author Topic: Flask by Alpha Dominche  (Read 1810 times)

vtchill

Flask by Alpha Dominche
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:26:29 PM »
Not sure if this is the right board so feel free to move if not.

Here is a pretty interesting looking brewer from the guys at Alpha Dominche named Flask on kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1128929312/flask-no-mess-just-press-better-coffee-and-tea-for

I jumped in on the early bird special for 1 and am really looking forward to see it in action. It looks like it'll be a mix of aeropress and french press with adjustable filters from paper to different sized metal ones.

I'm not affiliated with them at all, just a backer of the project and thought some people here could be interested in checking it out as well. Wish I would have thought of posting this early, but still a couple days left on the kickstarter at least.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Flask by Alpha Dominche
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »
it looks interesting and I wish them the best of luck but it doesn't really seem like something totally new or innovative really, just a bit different take on an already marketed process.  I can't really see how it would be that much different that a French Press really.  Oh and also, I don't care how dishwasher safe it is, you WILL need to eventually get down in there and put some friction on it to clean the oils out of it.  Will a bottle brush work or what?  It's got plenty of showmanship in using it, and there is a niche for that, it does have a market, but as a mainstream item?  I don't know.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Scarecrow

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »
I've been following the KS but haven't bitten on it yet.  To me - all the things Aaron said.  Plus, this is really more of a niche items.  The consumers who are aware of, and love, the original commercial product, will want this.  But other than that, there isn't anything that really makes it different from other products that are already on the market.
~Amy

vtchill

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:12:34 PM »
Yea I agree with a lot of the remarks as well. Its definitely a niche product, but I also think there is a good sized market for a brewer like this that is fairly simple and elegant looking. The early bird price was really what made me go for it, I doubt I would bite at msrp.

However like a lot of industries I think there is definitely a space for products that excel on the design side, even if they don't bring a huge innovation to the actual brewing process.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:32 PM »
vtchill.  to clarify.
Im not dissing on your decision to buy one.  I hope it works great for you, it's just not for me.  I already have too many toys.

Aaron...
The man with 3 espresso machines, one in parts in the garage, 4 grinders, 3 french presses, a dozen or so swiss golds, 3 behmors, 4 I roasts, an Artisan 6 countless other gidgets and gadgets.  Im trying to NOT buy anymore crap.    Oh and 2 technivorns and a bodum santos electric pot and 2 BoSan stovetop pots... oh and a bunn commercial grinder.....do I need to go on? :)

aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Scarecrow

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 04:27:44 PM »

vtchill.  to clarify.
Im not dissing on your decision to buy one.  I hope it works great for you, it's just not for me.  I already have too many toys.

Aaron...
The man with 3 espresso machines, one in parts in the garage, 4 grinders, 3 french presses, a dozen or so swiss golds, 3 behmors, 4 I roasts, an Artisan 6 countless other gidgets and gadgets.  Im trying to NOT buy anymore crap.    Oh and 2 technivorns and a bodum santos electric pot and 2 BoSan stovetop pots... oh and a bunn commercial grinder.....do I need to go on? :)

aaron

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Want to sell any roasters?
~Amy