Author Topic: new kickstarter roaster looks like fresh roast  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
new kickstarter roaster looks like fresh roast
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
I was poking around on the internet when a targeted ad went after me. I bit, looks cool but it really closely resembles the old freshroast plus 8. It looks nicer though.

Kelvin roaster

[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: new kickstarter roaster looks like fresh roast
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »
Not bad.

Looks nice.  How many people keep their roasters out on the countertop, where aesthetics is most important.  After the Kickstarter discounts come off it'll be close to a Behmor which may not be as pretty, but would be preferable IMHO.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
yeah I am not sure this is really adding anything other than a prettier version of the sirocco/ freshroast +8 and you can't really roast those indoors either without setting off the fire alarms. There was another kickstarter that looked pretty cool I'll look for it shortly.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »
It doesn't look like it holds very much, and is kind of a poofed out I roast with an outer window.
Not sure I'd want one, a 2 oz roast, while may be nice for sample roasting, is not going to satisfy the coffee craving.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline ptrmorton

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 02:32:47 PM »
Not sure I'd want one, a 2 oz roast, while may be nice for sample roasting, is not going to satisfy the coffee craving.
Aaron
Yeah, but think of the marketing.  Roast every day for the freshest coffee possible..... ;D
AZ Peter

Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
That is true PTR, but most people know that a coffee needs to rest a few days, so I guess you have a rolling rest for pot of perfection?

Another thing I want to know, how often can you use it.  The I roast used to come with a disclaimer that you can't use it more than 5 times a week or something really strange like that.   Is this roaster going to hold up to well.... fanatic like us abuse, or the occasional yuppie fupster roasting a tablespoon of beans?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline ptrmorton

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 02:59:50 PM »
Well personally, I think roasting offen might sounds good when you first catch the coffee bug, but after a short while, you'll be eyeballing something with more capacity.  If it catches on, I predict a robust used market if the thing holds up (as Aaron mentioned).
AZ Peter

Proverbs 3:5-6