Author Topic: Can you really get good pulls by converting to a non pressurized basket?  (Read 7548 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Not.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline newroaster

• Standard User
 ;D ;D

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Peter prefers the Mr. Coffee brand himself though.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper

...use mine every day.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
If you are going to go old school.  GO OLD SCHOOL !    (micdrop  portafilter drop)

As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline newroaster

• Standard User
Ha! That black one is a true steam toy. I had the Gaggia version circa 1980

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Somewhere I have an old Mr. Coffee combo coffee pot, espresso machine that Ive had since oh geez the Mid 90's.  It was in the Navy with me and literally traveled around the world.  Id pick up roasted beans in every country we hit and we'd try them then throw them into a big batch and mix em up and use that for our 'cruise brews'  This was before I started the whole home roast thing and really knew what good coffee was but it still was much better than the F and MH in the day.  Back then, getting espresso beans 'fresh' from a story in italy seemed awesome, until I later realized that overseas commercial chain store garbage is just about as good / bad as US bought chain store garbage.  Oh the days gone by.

Aaron