Author Topic: Cuisinart DCB-10 Automatic Cold Brew Coffeemaker  (Read 1410 times)

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
Cuisinart DCB-10 Automatic Cold Brew Coffeemaker
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »
This is on sale through Amazon Prime for $49.99.  Has anyone tried it?
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Cuisinart DCB-10 Automatic Cold Brew Coffeemaker
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »
I have not, but I'm skeptical about the brew time.  I always thought that w/ cold or room-temp water it needed hours.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:14:47 PM »
Ive always done it overnight or longer.  Why pay for a cold brewer?  You have one.  It's called the Iced Tea Pitcher, or the Mason Jar.  Throw beans into cold water and let sit overnight.  Filter and drink.  Use your french press to speed the filtering the grounds out process if you want.  Throw in there and push down.  Better yet, brew the thing in your french press, next morning pull out of the fridge, press down and serve.  Ues the 50 bucks to buy some good greens to roast.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Badam

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
I was intrigued by this system until the first (and second, and third) youtube review I watched mentioned that the coffee it produced did not have nearly as much depth as the normal soak and strain methods. I'm guessing this is nearly equivalent to brewing a pot of coffee with a bunn and not noticing that it wasn't plugged in, plus a little shaking I guess.

I'm completely with Aaron, use a french press or tea pitcher. I've been doing it that way for years too and it seems to work.

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
I have been using the Bruer ice drip set for a few years ago.  I wanted to get a full Taiwanese ice drip set, but did not have a separate room to show it off in, so chose the Bruer instead.   It makes great ice drip, but requires almost constant attention for the 6-8 hours it is dripping because the drip rate can change at any time for no apparent reason.
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac