Author Topic: Best auto drip coffeemaker with more than 40 ounce capacity  (Read 12280 times)

Offline Badam

• Standard User
Re: Best auto drip coffeemaker with more than 40 ounce capacity
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 06:48:55 AM »
Go commercial and don't look back. I have a Bloomfield that spits out water at 200F + or - a couple degrees for the entirety of a 60oz+ pot, with a nice big basket that you won't overflow unless you like your coffee as strong as I do and try to brew 12-cups.

Which Bloomfield do you have?

Koffee King, I actually have three because I liked the first so much. That big heating element makes for a quick back to back brew time if I want to make alot for vacpots at work.

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 07:27:07 AM »
I bought the Zojirushi that I listed above.  $ 181.00 all told from Amazon. Delivery on Saturday.  I will post a report after I use it for a bit.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 07:51:44 AM »
I bought the Zojirushi that I listed above.  $ 181.00 all told from Amazon. Delivery on Saturday.  I will post a report after I use it for a bit.

Yay!!!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 12:42:53 PM »
FYI I believe we still have the best discount with newco products. Just mention you are with the green coffee buying club.

It may be a good time to re-evaluate the Newco. A lot of newer great coffee machines are now out. Just throwing it out there.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 07:12:17 PM »
FYI I believe we still have the best discount with newco products. Just mention you are with the green coffee buying club.

It may be a good time to re-evaluate the Newco. A lot of newer great coffee machines are now out. Just throwing it out there.

The "Newco" isn't made by Newco anymore. Newco is a commercial coffee machine company that makes models inline with other commercial coffee makers. I.e. Bunn, Curtis,etc...I have two of their pour over airpot Brewers that have been in service for about 10 years without a hitch. I also have a Bunn commercial lpg grinder and I have seen Chris' commercial ditting grinder in action. All the companies make products that compete main difference that I have seen is price. If price is the determining factor Newco is going to win on a new purchase with our discount,
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »

I anticipate you will like it. At that price they usually get the details right.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
The "Newco" isn't made by Newco anymore. Newco is a commercial coffee machine company that makes models inline with other commercial coffee makers. I.e. Bunn, Curtis,etc...I have two of their pour over airpot Brewers that have been in service for about 10 years without a hitch. I also have a Bunn commercial lpg grinder and I have seen Chris' commercial ditting grinder in action. All the companies make products that compete main difference that I have seen is price. If price is the determining factor Newco is going to win on a new purchase with our discount,

Now that sounds pretty interesting.

Any new goodies you can tell us about?

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »

Not from Newco but their website can get you going, also Craigslist and eBay is a good source for any used commercial Brewers. I do have a new Sette 270 wi and original sette 270 to review

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »

I picked up a Newco several years ago based on a recommendation.  It was pretty dang ugly, didn't brew at the right temp, and had a flat basket filter.  It was plug and play with no settings other than off/on.

I may have gotten the wrong one but I didn't see many options.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
A Newco is like super vague. I am thinking you got the ocs series like ocs-8 or 12 which we had an awesome discount for like only $69 for a 200f consistent Brewer. It was a game changer with some quirks, it had the best thermal caraf in the world nothing comes close. However, the brew baskets would eventually crack especially the flat bottom ones. The cone basket was available later on.

www.newcocoffee.com
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:07:01 AM by Joe »

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 12:15:44 PM »
It was an OCS, 10-15 yrs ago.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »

That was their design for small office machine and really isn't "commercial" although it was supposed to be close to commercial. In reality it was a very good home machine for many years as a contrast to Technivorm which at the time had a one or two hole brew head, and cost like $350. They were made in China and had received an SCAA approval for that when it was only them and Technivorm. Anyways we bought all of their OCS-8/12 stock and then some and they had to get more from china which took a while and the new ones were more money and basically the train derailed for the OCS line and they cancelled it. But their actual Commercial products are on par with the industry.

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »

But their actual Commercial products are on par with the industry.

Probably so although I've never used them. 

Fetco is pretty popular here and I've seen some Curtis automatic pour over machines that look pretty cool but I'm sure are very pricey. 

The maker of the commercial-version of the Chemex Ottomatic brew mechanism has it nailed down.  This makes a fabulous cup that's pretty hard to tell from a hand pour. 

Its implementation in the Otto is sub-par though FWIW.  Distribution through the head is uneven and it isn't hot enough.  If anyone is handy with an electronic circuit I'd love to figure out how to turn the heat up.  Tie in, over 40oz capacity.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 12:11:28 PM »
Is it a button T stat or one that is actually sensed?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »
Is it a button T stat or one that is actually sensed?

Aaron

Ummm, I don't recall.  I'll have to tear it apart and find out. Will post up in a new thread or DM to not continue to clutter this up.