Author Topic: Auto PourOver Brewer  (Read 1852 times)

Offline dklabunde

• Standard User
Auto PourOver Brewer
« on: September 28, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
I'm looking for an automatic pour over brewer - that makes single cups.

It would be for an office 'coffee club' - not for large volume - but for single or maybe 1-2 cups.

The idea is we'll have the brewer in an area where we don't want a separate water heater/pot.  We also don't want to have to do a manual pour over and watch it.

I like the Ratio8 - (www.ratiocoffee.com) - its just pricey - not sure how it will hold up to lots of use.  It does do single cup - and is really good looking.

The Technivorm single cup - looks like a possibility - just too much plastic - and not a true pour over (though that's probably splitting hairs)

OThers I've looked at - the Behmor Brazen Plus - The Oxo On - the Bonavita - all look to be decent - but none of there are single cup.

Thoughts?

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Auto PourOver Brewer
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
I don't remember who bought them out but the old one cupper Swiss Gold was my goto for ages there.  Fits on the cup makes a nice hot cup in a minute or three and is easy to clean.
Joe should know who got them now,or you could google.

... my recommendation.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline dklabunde

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:16:51 PM »
Thanks for the tip - I looked around for the Swiss Gold - didn't see much - will keep looking.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Ratio8 - outside the price it looks about right. 

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
https://www.espressoplanet.com/coffee-and-espresso/swissgold-1-cup-permanent-gold-filter.html

not a plug for this specific merchant but to give you an idea what I am talking about.
Not sure who ended up buying them out but this is the product.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline dklabunde

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
FYI - went ahead and got the Ratio8 -  very happy with it - while pricey - its very impressive.

Makes a great cup - what I really like - is I can make 1 cup to 6 cups... has a great bloom cycle.

Highly recommend it!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
Very nice!  I'm glad you're happy with it - that's a chunk of change to lay out and find out it sucks.  It's great there are people like you who will buy stuff like that and help keep them in business.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:45:47 AM »
What Peter said, it's nice to see people trying new stuff, and even better when they post about it here and share will all of us!
Now all we need to do is arrange some sort of meet up so you can make us all coffee hehe.

Aaron

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
What Peter said, it's nice to see people trying new stuff, and even better when they post about it here and share will all of us!
Now all we need to do is arrange some sort of meet up so you can make us all coffee hehe.

Aaron

And after the meet-up we'll go knock off a couple banks so we can buy one too.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you