Author Topic: International Shipping  (Read 12233 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
International Shipping
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:59:36 AM »
First of all welcome. We are increasingly becoming international. If you reside outside of the United States and wish to purchase green coffee, we do require that you PM/Email the distributor of the coffee you are wishing to aquire. In the PM you are going to have to ask if he/she is willing to ship to your country and you will also need to request a quote for the quantity you are inquiring about. The reason is because there is a few obstacles us distributors must negotiate in order to get your beans to your country and because the cost will be different for shipping.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:36:25 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: International Shipping
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:43:33 AM »
Good Day Folks:
If you are going to request a quote for International Shipping.  Please include your full name and address in your PM to the distributor.
We have to plug this information into a post office form to get a rate.
Sometimes the post office re arranges things a bit and once we get the result from what the Post Office thinks it should be
We then show you this and ask "Does this look like an address that will make it to you?"
This is to protect you from having a package sent off somewhere bad because of a mis formatted address.

If you do not include this info, we just have to PM you to ask for it anyways so it saves time to put it in the first PM.
Thank you
The GCBC Coffee Team.
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »
I know, im blowing up a locked topic, but things to make life easier for all of us and help ensure your coffee actually will make it to you.

Since everyone is paying via Pay Pal for the coffee, can you PLEASE make sure that your shipping address is entered into PayPal correctly and is up to date.

See, the thing is, I don't speak many foreign languages, so don't understand the words enough to know, ok that's a street, that's a city, that's a zone etc.
Post Offices around the world have different formatting for how they lay out your address so it isn't always obvious what is what.  When you think about it, your address, is really a set of directions to how and where to deliver the package to you.  While the forms for filling out address' are fairly good in Paypal, they can let you transpose or put some things into the wrong boxes if you really want to.  This can be a sure fire way to lose a package.  I'd really hate to attempt to claim that the United States has a monopoly on poor postal service :)

If you fill it out in pay pal and it's verified through them, I know the format is correct and I essentially click print and ship.
If I have to fill out a manually populated form, I then have to click to let then re arrange everything where they think it is supposed to go, then PM you with a copy of that asking, "Is this correct?",  "Is this an address that will get the coffee to you" 

Having your shipping address already loaded into pay pal makes life a lot easier on everyone and ensures the best chances of getting your package to you in a timely manner.  It is also greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

The GCBC Coffee Team.

As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 08:28:58 AM »
Just as a heads up:

International Customers, with the new postage Rates.

A Medium Flat Rate Box from USPS is going to cost roughly 74 Dollars for the postage alone and can handle up to 15 Lbs.
A Large Flat Rate Box from the USPS is going to cost roughly 97 Dollars for the postage alone and MAY handle up to 20 Lbs.*

This price does NOT include pay pal fees, currency conversion fees etc etc either.

*That's 20 Lbs in the box at a VERY tight fit, kicking, sitting, and smashing.  Some beans are lighter, less dense, bigger etc and you simply will NOT fit 20 lbs into that box.  Don't think that just because the box is there that it is always possible to squeeze 20 into it.  Your distributor will let you know if they will fit or not.  If they say no, don't argue, well so and so did it last time.

Thank you
Aaron