Author Topic: Show Off your Espresso Machine  (Read 63881 times)

peechdogg

Re: Show Off your espresso Machine Here.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:43 AM »
They are ok I would prefer a traditional espresso cup like the Lavazza one's I have or like the Sweetmaria's monkey cups.

Joe

I've got a couple requests to some promo & logo companies to see about some traditional espresso cups. Most of them seem to offer the larger sized latte cups, so maybe there's hope.

zapty

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 09:13:54 AM »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »
Here's a link to some of my stuff:

http://picasaweb.google.com/raver171/NewAlbum6907921

Where are you at?

That is quite a bit of coffee and roasting equipment - is it all for personal use?  ???

thejavaman

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 10:04:25 AM »
Here's a link to some of my stuff:

http://picasaweb.google.com/raver171/NewAlbum6907921

I'm drooling over your Probat 3 barrel sample roaster!!!

alleno

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 04:16:37 PM »
Here's my setup.   Currently pulling shots of a Brazil FVA/Sumatra Blue Battak/Yemen Ismaily blend.  Next up is Joe's Yirg with BW's Ipanema Brazil! 
 Good times...

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
How do you like your Thor Tamper?

Joe
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

alleno

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2007, 04:30:25 PM »
How do you like your Thor Tamper?

Joe

I love it! Great feel and it looks cool.  I'm even thinking of having him make a  rosewood portafilter handle and knobs for the BrutusII.  That would be too cool.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:42:05 PM by alleno »

Offline irunbird

• Standard User
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 05:13:09 PM »
I love it! Great feel and it looks cool.  I'm even thinking of having him make a  rosewood portafilter handle and knobs for the BrutusII.  That would be too cool.

Alleno- you'd better ask him what the knobs would look like first.  I had him make some for me a few years ago that didn't turn out quite right (and at a bit of a premium).  He wasn't able to make something in the shape of the original (only round kinds of things), and might still not be able to.  Take a peek at my set-up on page 1- I ended up sort of "whittling" them out of some Mexican ironwood, and they turned out ok (not really the quality of Thortamper's handles for the portafilter, for sure), but shaped more like the 5-pointed star of the original plastic ones.

Ray

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 05:37:10 PM »

Alleno- you'd better ask him what the knobs would look like first.  I had him make some for me a few years ago that didn't turn out quite right (and at a bit of a premium).  He wasn't able to make something in the shape of the original (only round kinds of things), and might still not be able to.  Take a peek at my set-up on page 1- I ended up sort of "whittling" them out of some Mexican ironwood, and they turned out ok (not really the quality of Thortamper's handles for the portafilter, for sure), but shaped more like the 5-pointed star of the original plastic ones.

Ray

I did the same thing for my Pasquini Livietta from him, the thing that was upsetting to me was the time it took along with the price. I had it made of costa rican coffeeburl and I didn't realize how lightweight the handles were compared to the composite they normally use. Anyways I kinda enjoyed my tamper but after using my Bumper tamper, I think I like the feel of the heavier metal tampers. Les is a good man I really enjoy the look of his craftsmanship. Here is some pics of my old tamper and of the Livietta, unfortunately I didn't like the look of the nobs and handles that I just put the stock black plastic one's back on. I still kinda miss my Livietta, if it wasn't for the 55mm porta filter I think she would've stuck around a little longer.

Joe

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 06:16:41 PM »
  I love it! Great feel and it looks cool. 

Have you seen Superbad? this statement reminds me of something pretty funny in that movie.

Joe

alleno

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »

Have you seen Superbad? this statement reminds me of something pretty funny in that movie.

Joe

Hahahah, I did see Superbad.  I haven't laughed so hard in ages.  Soooooo funny!
Umm not sure of what my quote reminded you of though..  ???  The very end where he's trying on pants?  Eeeek!
  On topic.. maybe I'll hold off on getting Les to make me some knobs and a handle..

alleno

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 07:09:33 PM »
Good god.. ok enough with the double entendre.  I guess espresso machines are like sports cars...

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 08:18:11 PM »

Joe

Hahahah, I did see Superbad.  I haven't laughed so hard in ages.  Soooooo funny!
Umm not sure of what my quote reminded you of though..  ???  The very end where he's trying on pants?  Eeeek!
  On topic.. maybe I'll hold off on getting Les to make me some knobs and a handle..

No the part where he talks about how he likes to tuck "it" in his waistband. "Because not only does it hide it, but it feels great!"

alleno

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »
Hahahahah... hilarious

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »
Now don't laugh, but I couldn't take the stock look of most e61 machines and had this beast electro-plated with copper and gold (gold didn't cost that much more than brass, and it's very temp stable/food safe)... The old chrome just clashed with the brick wall.  The Kony is next!

How did you do this? Did you buy it this way or did you electroplate everything?

Joe