Author Topic: Rossi RR45  (Read 6994 times)

milowebailey

Re: Rossi RR45
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »
Here is the mod.

I used about a 4" chunk of 4" ABS pipe and got a 1 1/2" long sweep ABS elbow.  Drilled and filed a rectangular hole to match the grinder and drilled 2 mounting holes also to match.

The ABS glue is solid as a rock.

As you can see it's a little messy.  That was from about 6 or 7 double shot grinds.  I'll probably add some sort of tray to fit under it for the mess, but otherwise it work pretty good.  Not much clumping, but a little.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 05:16:24 PM »
Larry,

That's a thing of beauty!  I've been wanting to de-doser my RR-45 for some time, but never had a good idea as to how.  You've inspired me!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
Use the doser as a template once you get the 4" ABS cut down to size.  Mark the mounting holes and rectangular hole with a pencil and it will fit like a dream.

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 06:49:58 AM »
I will ask the dumb question, where did all the coffee on the bottom of the machine come from?  Hopefully it was after you did the mod.

(always the engineer in birmingham, al)

ps should be home tonight and then out on Friday.  Yeah this is getting old.
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

milowebailey

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 08:44:04 AM »
I will ask the dumb question, where did all the coffee on the bottom of the machine come from?  Hopefully it was after you did the mod.

(always the engineer in birmingham, al)

ps should be home tonight and then out on Friday.  Yeah this is getting old.

Yes after the mod.  When grinding, some grounds spill out of the portafilter.  I ground about 10 - 15 doubles before I took the photo.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
Yes after the mod.  When grinding, some grounds spill out of the portafilter.  I ground about 10 - 15 doubles before I took the photo.

Great job milo ... how do you find it working compared to a dozer?

:icon_salut:
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

milowebailey

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
As I mentioned in a previous post I picked this grinder up for free with a Brazilia Espresso machine and the doser lever was broken.

But since I don't pull more that a few shots a day, I don't have to grind as much coffee with this mod as I would with the doser, since you have to have a fair amount ground to use the doser... or use a brush to move it inside.

Peter may be able to give you insight once he gets his modified.

I think I had about $7 in parts and glue and about 20 - 30 minutes in building it... so it's not hard or expensive to build so you could always experiment and if you don't like it, put the doser back on.

FinerGrind

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 01:42:16 PM »
Nucer,
Not to hi-jack the thread, but if you are in B'ham again drop me a PM and we'll have a coffee.  I travel a lot (I'm in Suffolk VA right now), but if you are in the neighborhood, give me a shout (that goes for any Gee-Cee-Bee-Cee'er).

Woody

burakkrb

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 04:44:36 AM »
Hello,
Could you please tell which screws did you use to take the doser off?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »
Since this thread is 10 years old and I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday, I think you're out of luck. 

My foggy recollection is that there two screws inside the doser at the top, and a lip of some sort that the bottom rim of the doser sits into.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
I have a RR45, and Peter is right, I think. Two screws inside the doser at the top is all that holds the unit on. Personally, I just use the doser as is. I have a little paint brush that I use to swipe the loose grounds down to the bottom every morning and I throw those out and call it good.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";