Author Topic: Roaster down! RKdrum motor shot, is there a cheap heavy duty replacement?  (Read 4281 times)

capttony

After two years of service my RK Drum motor is struggling to turnover a few pounds now.

Any recommendations for an inexpensive, 110v, geared, 50 RPM, motor with lots of torque.

Thanks for any suggestions,

capttony

ButtWhiskers

I have used Burden Surplus Center https://www.surpluscenter.com/electric.asp?UID=2009061512193413&catname=electric when I didn't want to wait for something to come up on eBay.  They usually have a pretty good selection of motors.  I have also bought blowers, solenoids, and transformers from them.  Nearly all of their stock is new surplus (it is indicated if not), and quite rugged.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Have you tried calling Behmor by any chance?.  his customer service what I have seen is awesome, I bet he will sell you one real cheap.  It might not be the same thing but I bet it can be configured easily nuff to work.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!