Author Topic: Sonofresco / Q&A / Tip & Tricks  (Read 122205 times)

yorel23

Re: Sonofresco / Q&A / Tip & Tricks
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
To the Sono guys using propane:  Do you have any idea how many roasts you get per gallon of propane? 

Tex

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
To the Sono guys using propane:  Do you have any idea how many roasts you get per gallon of propane?  

I'm on #8 on this bottle. Use boiling water poured down the side of the tank to see how much you have left.

yorel23

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 04:39:29 PM »
To the Sono guys using propane:  Do you have any idea how many roasts you get per gallon of propane?  

I'm on #8 on this bottle. Use boiling water poured down the side of the tank to see how much you have left.
What size bottle are you running?

Tex

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »
Tex

You said you would take care of MY roaster.  And now it looks like a dorm room....geeze :)  

I think we know which machine I was referring to! And what's with the bleepin' flower arrangements? Real guys don't decorate their coffee stuff!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:45:27 PM by Tex »

Tex

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »

What size bottle are you running?

20# propane
1.75 L scotch

yorel23

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

20# propane
1.75 L scotch

:D Now I see why you say you've never had a bad roast!! :D

milowebailey

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »
To the Sono guys using propane:  Do you have any idea how many roasts you get per gallon of propane? 
I've never kept track.  a 5 gallon bottle lasts me about a month or so...... maybe 70 - 100 roasts

milowebailey

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
Tex

You said you would take care of MY roaster.  And now it looks like a dorm room....geeze :)  

I think we know which machine I was referring to! And what's with the bleepin' flower arrangements? Real guys don't decorate their coffee stuff!

Real guys don't decorate their dorm room with flowers..... :-[ :-[ :-[

mattquist

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
Anyone have any luck cleaning the residue off of the roast chamber on their Sonofresco?  I've been using Simple green and a scotchbrite pad, but it's a lot of work and I'm afraid of permanently scratching of breaking it.  Anyone try sticking it in a dishwasher?  I just love watching the beans jump up and down!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
Try Easy-Off oven cleaner.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »
single edge razor blade works best, I've tried many other things but the razor works best and no chemicals.... Joe taught me that trick.

Tex

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:43 PM »
I use TSP in hot water and let it soak overnight. I do this about every fifth roast and it keeps the glass & aluminum looking new.

Offline Dante

• Standard User
  • High on Caffeine
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
I soak mine in a solution of Urnex Cafiza and then gently scrub with a fine Scotchbrite pad after a couple hours soaking. My roasting chamber looks as new as the day I got it.
No coffee, No workee!

mattquist

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  My roast chamber is now as clean as staring out a window...

Tex

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  My roast chamber is now as clean as staring out a window...

Just don't let milo near it or it'll be as clear as looking at nothing! ;D