Author Topic: Tater Knob Pottery  (Read 1244 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Tater Knob Pottery
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
My lovely wife came home from the a Humane Society Charity auction and was nice enough to score me this beautiful coffee mug from Tater Knob Pottery. It was a name I had heard before but this was the first time I had seen any of their wares. It's a very beautiful and functional piece of art IMHO:

Their store is only a few minutes from my house. Check out the Coffee Lover's section of their website. Some nice stuff. The pour coffee maker setup really caught my eye. I may be walking away with one of them when I visit their shop:

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
Re: Tater Knob Pottery
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »
I visited Tater Knob Pottery this weekend.  What beautiful work they do there. The pictures really don't do it justice.They had several coffee brewers in various color schemes an 2 different sizes. I opted for the large version, which comfortably hold 54 oz of liquid.

The coffee pot by itself weighs almost 4 lbs. It took me about 3 times before I got the grind dialed in, but once I did WOW what a cup of coffee this thing makes. I brewed a pot of Panama Elida Honey last night and it had to be in my top five best cups of coffee ever. The brewer also makes an almost musical tink tink tink while brewing. I'm know I'll be picking up one of the smaller sized units, but hopefully my wife will get me another large size for Christmas that matches my coffee cup

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »
I think they are gorgeous. 

Did you preheat the ceramic?  I would be afraid of contents cooling quickly, with all that heat going into the pottery and out of my coffee.

B|Java

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »
Yes, I preheated with boiling water. The walls of the thing are pretty thick and remained very hot even after sitting on my counter top for about 20 minutes. It was hot enough you could not pick up the pot unless you held the handle.

At first I thought the thing would brew way to fast with all those holes in the filter holder, but to my surprise it requires a coarser grind.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
At first I thought the thing would brew way to fast with all those holes in the filter holder, but to my surprise it requires a coarser grind.

Looking at the size of those holes, it seems you'd have to use the beans whole.   ;)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you