Author Topic: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold 1st Unit  (Read 24824 times)

BoldJava

Re: Handpresso Domepod - $10 Chance to Use and Win
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »
I like the thought of $3.00? each to even out the odds but its all for the sake of science and in the spirit of 'splitting a handpresso and having fun doing it'

John F says:

If we do that can we just stick $3 in the box when forwarding?

I am not sure how that magic gets the money back into my pocket, from whence it came?  <grins>  Oh that's right, you have built your idea upon Illinois math...<wide arse grin>.

B|Java
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:24:12 PM by BoldJava »

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: Handpresso Domepod - $10 Chance to Use and Win
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
I like the thought of $3.00? each to even out the odds but its all for the sake of science and in the spirit of 'splitting a handpresso and having fun doing it'

John F says:

If we do that can we just stick $3 in the box when forwarding?

I am not sure how that magic gets the money back into my pocket, from whence it came?  <grins>  Oh that's right, you have built your idea upon Illinois math...<wide arse grin>.

B|Java

Illinois math?!?! that is Texas math from John... my whole point is if their are 8 people in the pool and you are short on money we all send enough to even up the chances between the 8... paypal would make out I suppose ? ?? just trying to help ;P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:19:42 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

BoldJava

Re: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »
All, Just got this from Idaho:

>>>
Hi David, I sent the handpresso & the dripper by UPS today - just got it labeled as the UPS man walked in!
>>>
Celebrate.

No extra funds needed.  I did the math.  Just each put a few extra dollars into the church plate, the Salvation Army kettle, or your favorite not-for-profit.  We are good to go.  I will close the list off.

B|Java
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:22:21 PM by BoldJava »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 05:14:25 PM »
Hi David, I sent the handpresso & the dripper by UPS today
B|Java

Sa-Weeeeet!!  8) 8)

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

jspain

Re: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold 1st Unit
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »
Dave,

I'll add $5.00 to my donation to Coffee Kids later this month.....

Jim

BoldJava

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »
Dave,

I'll add $5.00 to my donation to Coffee Kids later this month.....

Jim

Thanks Jim, that soytenly works.

B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 04:21:35 AM »
Not sure I will get a chance to roast an espresso blend this weekend so I just ordered from Paradise Roasters, up north of the Twin Cities.  If any is left over, Bro' John will receive it with the Whatchamacallit:

http://www.paradiseroasters.com/espresso-classico

B|Java

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 07:34:15 AM »
If any is left over, Bro' John will receive it with the Whatchamacallit:

http://www.paradiseroasters.com/espresso-classico

B|Java

Weeeeeeee!  ;D

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

milowebailey

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »
Not sure I will get a chance to roast an espresso blend this weekend so I just ordered from Paradise Roasters, up north of the Twin Cities.  

:evil5:
We have the 1st penalty!

thejavaman

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »
I just saw this thread or I would have jumped in on the action as well.  I have faith that this group will give this thingamajig plenty of scrutiny though.  You guys are obviously planning on posting your thoughts/opinions/conclusions in this thread, right???  Call me skeptical right from the start.....

BoldJava

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:43 AM »
Not sure I will get a chance to roast an espresso blend this weekend so I just ordered from Paradise Roasters, up north of the Twin Cities. 

:evil5:
We have the 1st penalty!

Just once I would like to slip something by you...<grins>  Paradise has wonderful coffees.  Pigged out on them with Curly during the SCAA up there.

B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
...You guys are obviously planning on posting your thoughts/opinions/conclusions in this thread, right???  Call me skeptical right from the start.....

Kev, for me this is nothing about the Whatchamacallit and everything about tossing $12 in a pot and socializing.  I too will be stunned if it delivers.  It will give me something to grouse about.

B|Java

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »
For me it's 80% about getting in on the fun for $12, 15% having a chance to win something in a small odds pool, and 5% about the presso.

However I  am very curious to learn if we can make tasty drinks with it and the only way you could ever really know is to load it up and try it. I have serious doubts it can make legit "espresso" but I do expect/hope to make tasty coffee drinks with it after goofing around a bit.

Mainly it's just a pile of fun to do these types of things with other insane coffee junkies.  ;D

Lee Morrison

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
Has it landed at the BlJava compound yet?

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
For me to know and you to have to guess... ;D ;D

B|Smiley