Author Topic: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold 1st Unit  (Read 25043 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Handpresso Domepod - All Chances Sold 1st Unit
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
Photoshop.   >:D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

yorel23

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
Thanks guys!!  I have to say that overall, I was impressed with the little guy!  Seems to like a little finer grind than my Gaggia. 

Photoshop.   >:D

:laughing4:  I wish!!

jspain

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
OOPS! Sorry John.... Credit to Yorel23. Sorry Roy.

ps, don't look for pics from me. Just commentary. Photo police will have a hayday with me!

yorel23

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
So, what did you think Mr. Spain??

BoldJava

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »
I am still waiting for Bro' Spain to post a pic.

B|Java

jspain

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2010, 04:23:52 AM »
Gentlemen!

You guys are putting me on the spot..... I'd thought maybe my exprience would slide by and no one would notice. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My wife came home from work on Saturday and in the evening said, "By the way a package came for you yesterday, I forgot to bring it home yesterday and it's in the car!" I went out, opened the box, and then remembered what was coming my way. The domepod! I was finishing my sermon for Sunday and didn't even take it out of the box. Busy at the church ALL DAY Sunday and no domepod when I got home. Emailed Bill and got his mailing address and had hoped to try it Monday morning before shipping to Bill on Monday afternoon. Well, I spent Monday morning with Patty in the emergency room!

Domepod sent to Bill on Monday at 12:30pm.... That was my experience! I'm sad   :(    Jim

milowebailey

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2010, 06:30:28 AM »
Gentlemen!

You guys are putting me on the spot..... I'd thought maybe my exprience would slide by and no one would notice. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My wife came home from work on Saturday and in the evening said, "By the way a package came for you yesterday, I forgot to bring it home yesterday and it's in the car!" I went out, opened the box, and then remembered what was coming my way. The domepod! I was finishing my sermon for Sunday and didn't even take it out of the box. Busy at the church ALL DAY Sunday and no domepod when I got home. Emailed Bill and got his mailing address and had hoped to try it Monday morning before shipping to Bill on Monday afternoon. Well, I spent Monday morning with Patty in the emergency room!

Domepod sent to Bill on Monday at 12:30pm.... That was my experience! I'm sad   :(    Jim
Things like this can happen.... I vote Mr. Spain gets another shot at it!

yorel23

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2010, 06:32:09 AM »
Gentlemen!

I second the motion!

Tex

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »
So, who's gonna grow a pair and make it into a bottomless portafilter machine so the water flow can be observed? >:D

jspain

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »
Gentlemen!

I second the motion!

Thanks guys but I already told Patty that I was going to win the drawing and I'd have forever to use it! If you send it my way again wait until everyone else has their shot first!

BTW, Patty is doing better. Thanks to those who have emailed me to ask "how is she doing?" She is recouping at home and will be back to work tomorrow!  Jim

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2010, 05:45:11 PM »
Glad to hear Patty is on the mend... 

the handpresso showed up today along with my wife's B-day present

so it will be a twofer.. how bad a shot of coffee can I get out of the handpresso and can I taste the difference between the filtered and not so filtered water..

I procured a espresso ground sample of Dunn-Bros espresso blend (columbian and sumatran at a vienna roast 9 jan burned on date) and I have some fresh roasted Huehue and Brasil to play with as SO in my Baratza Virtuoso Grinder...   

BoldJava

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »

I procured a espresso ground sample of Dunn-Bros espresso blend (colOmbian and sumatran at a vienna roast 9 jan burned on date) and I have some fresh roasted Huehue and Brasil to play with as SO in my Baratza Virtuoso Grinder...   

<Let's see if Milo chides the dark-forest resident for his purchase habit>

B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
Winner...

I will use our Chicago gathering (Jan 23rd) as an opportunity for someone with no skin in the game to randomly pick a card and we can see who keeps the unit after Rasqual pinches out a shot or two with it.

See 1st post for your lucky number.

B|Java

milowebailey

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »

I procured a espresso ground sample of Dunn-Bros espresso blend (colOmbian and sumatran at a vienna roast 9 jan burned on date) and I have some fresh roasted Huehue and Brasil to play with as SO in my Baratza Virtuoso Grinder...   

B|Java
I think you just did for me ;D Thanks!!

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »

B|Java

I admit... I ain't not no English major :P   and it hopefully solves the not so good grinder issue on my end
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:37:40 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »