Author Topic: Post your best hardware links  (Read 1154 times)

ecc

Post your best hardware links
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
I was going through my coffee toy links and noticed quite a few had rotted.  Google is getting increasingly useless without a ton of work chasing down the links, (which can be fun and lead to extra stuff, but anyway)  and it's easy to miss search terms. (siphon, syphon, vacpot, etc)  Might be quite a few hidden gems out there, our maybe help the search challenged find a quick replacement part, etc.

So post your toy links! I will pony up a few links I keep handy to start us off, and try to keep an index here on the first post.

Roasters:

Brewing
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:27:35 AM by ecc »

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

tyme

Re: Post your best hardware links
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »
John who owns Caffe D'bolla takes a yearly trip to visit his wife's family in Taiwan.  And I believe sources these directly, so his cost is usually alot less than if someone imported these through normal channels.  My personal preference is that $300 is too much for personal use, but If I was to ever run a Siphon bar (especially with multiple stations) I would definitely look into halogen and buying them through John first, I would bet it's the best option for halogen. 

He sources the hario skerton grinders direct too.  Non of the packaging is in english but the cost is far less than anywhere I've seen, even wholesale from the Hario distributor here.

John runs a good shop and puts out a excellent product; siphon (3 station), espresso, whole beans.  He is the type that will never sacrifice top quality. Probably why he gets mixed reviews and his shop is only run by himself and his wife.

ecc

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
When I buy a halogen, I hope it will be from John.

I know you guys are holding out on me!    Show me the links!

ecc

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »
My friendly neighborhood bistro has one,

B|glass filter rod looks awesome on the lamp!

I will get some pics tomorrow, have also been promised a shot (or two) at a newly installed 1950's commercial Gaggia double lever.  Maybe they will let me drive, I have roasted some SO temptations to bait my trap; the Ethiopia Haro Sano, 2010 Panama Elida Nat, Brazil Condado PN, and the ES Las Ranas.  They will be aged 4 days tomorrow, and smell pretty good. 

BoldJava

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:03:10 AM »
B|glass filter rod looks awesome on the lamp!

Were I to run for office (Green Candidate), I would have you as my campaign manager.  Together, we could promise:

"A new America, fellow Americans.  One that is founded on pure, renewable efforts at coffee.  A vacpot in every home and a Cory in every vacpot.  We promise -- no paper, no cotton.  Corys - made in America."

Then, when I was thoroughly trounced in the election, you could set up my sole distributing franchises in all 50 states, the DC, Puerto Rico and the -nesia islands.  Somehow, we need to work Yakster in as he will be pleased to shill the whole effort.  Our party symbol won't be an animal.  It will be an outline of a Cory Rod.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:15:21 AM by BoldJava »

BoldJava

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:16:23 AM »
I was going through my coffee toy links and noticed quite a few had rotted.  .[size=78%]Temperature-Strip-Thermometer-High-Range-and-Low_p_2133.html[/size]
  • General -- Scales ?

OldWill.  Excellent prices, superb customer service.  Very pleased.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

ecc

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
I was going through my coffee toy links and noticed quite a few had rotted.  .[size=78%]Temperature-Strip-Thermometer-High-Range-and-Low_p_2133.html[/size]
  • General -- Scales ?

OldWill.  Excellent prices, superb customer service.  Very pleased.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

Nice link!  Now about the party mascot ...