Author Topic: CLOSED - GfH raffle #3 - Pour Pack  (Read 1616 times)

ecc

CLOSED - GfH raffle #3 - Pour Pack
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
The last raffle for Grounds for Health (GfH)  went well, we had some fun raising $150.  I am hoping to keep it rolling with a few brewing equipment bundle raffles.

This is the third bundle, the first is on the Clever Pack thread, the second is the AeroPress Pack.

If you have ever thought you would like to have a pouring stand until you saw the price, here you go.  The lightly finished wooden stand wipes off easily, and has a drip tray.  The glass flat bottom dripper is a great way to make pour-overs up to about 16oz, no precision kettle required.  I think the flat bottom is the most forgiving of all the drippers, the drawback being the relatively expensive and hard to source 185 Kalita filters.  So I threw in a 100 of them to get you started.   The stand also works well with Hario v60 drippers, unfortunately the Beehouse drippers aren't stable on it due to the vertical tabs outside the drip circle.

1 - Tiamo Wooden Pouring Stand ($30)
1 - Tiamo, glass flat bottom dripper ($20)
1 - Kalita, white paper filters 100 ($11)

Retail for this is $60+.  The stand and dripper are demonstration units from OE, in original boxes.  I did test them. :)  The white drip tray has a few scratches, I think it looks better upside down silver side up anyway.  Kalita filters from  Wrecking Ball sealed in plastic.

The "raffle tickets" for this bundle are $5 each, and each lot will have 10 slots max open.  After the slots fill,  I will draw numbers one for each lot using random.org,  and the gear goes into a USPS flat rate box to your door.

You can only buy one "ticket" per thread, extra will be added to the GfH donation.  Please specify the Dripper Pack, Aero Pack and/or Clever Pack along with your GCBC  user name in the subject of the paypal to todd@werner-digital.com .  Please do not use the words lottery, raffle, etc. anywhere in the paypal info!

1. yakster
2. ronburleson
3. fffolks
4. Dmsweatt
5. Cammie  <------ winner
6. woodstock

Thanks! Good Luck! Happy Holidays!  (pics to follow)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:14:42 PM by ecc »

ecc

Re: GfH raffle #3 - Pour Pack
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
All proceeds to go to Grounds For Health.

ronburleson

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
What the heck, I'm in.

Ron

ecc

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »
Well, we are almost halfway to $150 and still have a bunch of slots open for the gear.   Thanks to everyone for the generosity, but the gear doesn't want to stay here!  This has a dramatic impact on your odds of winning (already at 10%+) so ... maybe you are getting a little too comfortable with your current brewing routine.  New gear will help that!  And think of all the money you can save to put towards that lever, or that commercial grinder!

I want to get this stuff in the mail by tomorrow at the latest, just to give it a fighting chance of making it to your door before Christmas.  Adopt some pitifully orphaned coffee gear, (most of it did come from OE) help out a great cause.

All proceeds to Grounds for Health,   Happy Holidays!

Offline fffolks

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »
I'm in!
Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dmsweatt

• Standard User
  • Bunn ES-1A, Behmor 1600
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
Alright, I'll take a spin on all three.  I'll post to the other threads shortly.

Cammie

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
In on this one as well....thanks Todd.

Offline woodstock

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
I'm in on this one also!  Thanks!

ecc

Re: CLOSED - GfH raffle #3 - Pour Pack
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »
The winner -- Cammie!

Cammie

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
Wow....super cool.  Thanks for doing this Todd...such a great cause...GFH.

Cammie

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
Thank you Todd...package arrived safe and sound.