Author Topic: SC/TO  (Read 16670 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
SC/TO
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »
Unlike you lucky dogs who post your thrift store scores, like a bad a$$ machine for $4 or whatever I don't have any thrift stores in my area that have anything but old clothes in them.  :-\

I've decided I want to goof around with a SC/TO set up to see what I can do with it. Before I buy a Sunpentown replacement top and just build one I figured I'd see if there are any GCBC deals to be had.

Some of you Behmore guys must have SC/TO set ups that are just collecting dust now that you want to give me a deal on...... ;)

John F

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:48:14 PM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline dsil

• Standard User
Re: WTB SC/TO
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
Define Deal ???????

FinerGrind

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
Unlike you lucky dogs who post your thrift store scores, like a bad a$$ machine for $4 or whatever I don't have any thrift stores in my area that have anything but old clothes in them.  :-\

I've decided I want to goof around with a SC/TO set up to see what I can do with it. Before I buy a Sunpentown replacement top and just build one I figured I'd see if there are any GCBC deals to be had.

Some of you Behmore guys must have SC/TO set ups that are just collecting dust now that you want to give me a deal on...... ;)

John F

John, I cleaned up my study and think I can help you out, Thrift Store junkie I am...

I'll PM you the specs on the SC's I have (some new, some old, I like the older models - built to last) and the TOs (I only have 3; currently using 1).

Woody

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »
John, I cleaned up my study and think I can help you out, Thrift Store junkie I am...

Cool, PM sent sweeeet...that was under 12min.  ;D ;D

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
I guess it pays to hang with packrats.  Nice of you to help, Wood-man.  And congrats to JohnF for delving into the absolute best way to roast coffee.

Don't nobody take that bait.  Even tho' I believe it, I'm just funnin' with ya.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
I've decided I want to goof around with a SC/TO set up to see what I can do with it.
John F

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a SC/TO set up?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »
I've decided I want to goof around with a SC/TO set up to see what I can do with it.
John F

???

There is no excuse.

SC/TO is another way of saying SC/GG.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
John F

???

There is no excuse.

SC/TO is another way of saying SC/GG.

Thank you Peter ... why didn't I know that ... it is now as clear as thick mud.

:(
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

thejavaman

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
That was pretty damn funny Peter!  It's an acronym for Stir Crazy/Turbo Oven (or Stir Crazy/Galloping Gourmet).  It's basically the base of a large popcorn popper paired with the top of a convection oven, or a home-made (and pretty darn good) way to roast larger quantities of coffee.    ;)

http://www.uroastem.com/cooling-pan.html#roaster

http://www.fullofflavor.net/Stir%20Crazy/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:17:41 PM by thejavaman »

cfsheridan

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

Offline George Coury

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 04:09:27 AM »
Goggle is your friend...

Results from Search with "sc/to coffee"

But why google ( which is a Fantastic tool), when we, the GCBC, have such a great network of informative and pleasant friends/roasters.
Thanks Javaman, I was wondering the same thing too and believed I knew what they were discussing, but the links were great.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »
Goggle is your friend...

But why google ( which is a Fantastic tool), when we, the GCBC, have such a great network of informative and pleasant friends/roasters.

Why google?  Why search the GCBC site before asking?

Because it's the courteous thing to do.  Why ask others to engage their brain if I'm not willing to engage my own and do my own research?

I suppose there's the valid reason of publicly asking something that's been covered in depth, since others still in the dark might be reading the thread and multiple light bulbs can go on at once.

However, some members seem to just post and post and post, much of it meaningless drivel.  I know we're built on the premise of splitting bags and having fun doing it, and if you know me you know I like having fun in my posts.  But when someone appears to have enough time to post all day long with little content in their posts, it would seem reasonable to ask them to do a search.  This forum is very good-natured and pleasant, and is a welcome relief to the other forums I read where there are checks and balances because members aren't afraid to call someone out.  But the other side of the coin is people stop asking themselves, "Is this post necessary?"

For example, there are way too many posts made in threads which should be handled via PM's.  It's just good netiquette to keep the threads open for things that need to be publicly dealt with.  "I got my box of beans today, and am roasting tonight."  Yeah, so?  "Can you add 5lbs. of the ___ instead of the ___?"  Do all 1,000 members need to read this?

We should have fun.  We do have fun.  It can be more fun, with a little common sense and housekeeping.

<rant mode off>

Stubbie

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 11:16:13 AM »
I got your message Peter, I'll be reading it tonight!!

Can't wait

-Stubbie

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »
Goggle is your friend...

Why google?  Why search the GCBC site before asking?

Because it's the courteous thing to do.  Why ask others to engage their brain if I'm not willing to engage my own and do my own research?

I suppose there's the valid reason of publicly asking something that's been covered in depth, since others still in the dark might be reading the thread and multiple light bulbs can go on at once.

However, some members seem to just post and post and post, much of it meaningless drivel.  I know we're built on the premise of splitting bags and having fun doing it, and if you know me you know I like having fun in my posts.  But when someone appears to have enough time to post all day long with little content in their posts, it would seem reasonable to ask them to do a search.  This forum is very good-natured and pleasant, and is a welcome relief to the other forums I read where there are checks and balances because members aren't afraid to call someone out.  But the other side of the coin is people stop asking themselves, "Is this post necessary?"

For example, there are way too many posts made in threads which should be handled via PM's.  It's just good netiquette to keep the threads open for things that need to be publicly dealt with.  "I got my box of beans today, and am roasting tonight."  Yeah, so?  "Can you add 5lbs. of the ___ instead of the ___?"  Do all 1,000 members need to read this?

We should have fun.  We do have fun.  It can be more fun, with a little common sense and housekeeping.

<rant mode off>

Bwahahaa, hey Peter, what's netiquette? Is there somewhere I could find out about that? And while I'm asking, what are threads???

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
SC/TO
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »

Bwahahaa, hey Peter, what's netiquette? Is there somewhere I could find out about that? And while I'm asking, what are threads???

Come on dude threads...threads are like clothes man.  :icon_rr:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:47:25 PM by John F »

Lee Morrison