Author Topic: Baratza Sette 270  (Read 1465 times)

Offline gmgeorge

• Standard User
Baratza Sette 270
« on: April 04, 2019, 09:12:05 AM »
Hello.  I'm new to the forum.  I was wondering if anyone had any strong opinions on the Sette 270.  I am looking to upgrade my espresso grinder.  My machine is a Gaggia Classic though I hope to upgrade down the line.  Would the Sette work well or should I spend a bit more on something like a Ceado E5P?  Thanks! Any insight or personal experiences would be much appreciated.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Baratza Sette 270
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
I think Joe, our admin, did a great review on the Sette.  Do a search and you'll find it.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

RobertL

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »
I have owned a Sette 270 for over a year and have no complaints. I have mine paired with a Profitec 300 and it works great. It came with two shims installed and I have not had to add any extras. I?m grinding in the 7-9 range depending on the roast level. Joe did a review on this grinder when it was first released including a video. A quick search and you can probably find it.

Offline gmgeorge

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Thanks! I'm 90% sure I'll go with the Sette.  Just wanted to hear users thoughts on the grinder and how they thought it performed.

Offline blzrfn

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »
I just ordered a refurbished 270 to possibly replace my old Super Jolly.  I recently upgraded my espresso machine to a Lucca A53 (from a Gaggia Classic) and would like a slightly smaller grinder.  Also I am growing tired of messing with the doser and all the brushing required for each shot.  I'm hoping the Sette lives up to it's mostly good reputation.
I'm back after a short hiatus, registered with same name.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:38:00 AM »
Congrats on the new machine!  Keep us posted.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline blzrfn

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:42:49 AM »
After one week with the Sette 270 I have to say I am very impressed.  It is slightly, and I emphasize slightly, louder than my Super Jolly was, but it grinds my dose in about five seconds with no brushing and restarting required to clear out grind remnants.  The grind quality is very nice as is the ease to dial in the grind.  Longevity has obviously been this grinders Achilles heal, but I figure if I get a couple of years out of it I will be money ahead and considering how easy it has been to keep my old (10 years?) Baratza Maestro going (2 burr sets and a control board) I wouldn't mind throwing parts at this grinder either if necessary.
I'm back after a short hiatus, registered with same name.