Author Topic: Aerobie Aeropress  (Read 1295 times)

Dale

Aerobie Aeropress
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »
I am getting an Aeropress later this week and Ive read some good things about them.  was wondering if anyone has any personal info they would like to share about there own use?  tips, nuances, and wild stories welcome...

thanks

Dale

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Aerobie Aeropress
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »
The best tip I can give is search...  there's a TON of stuff already written, both here and elsewhere.

Unless, of course, you think it should all be re-written again.   :angel:

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=2645.0

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=802.0

And in those threads are plenty of other links.

Happy reading.   :angel:

Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
On the surface it is a simple thing... I agree with some here that 200 deg water is better than the ??170 deg?? suggested on the package... set your grinder between espresso and auto drip as a beginning base line then look for the right grind to pop the flavor
Think espresso machine... add a little hot water you have an Americana.... press over choclate syrup and add foamed milk, mocha... press into a little sugar and vanilla, pour over ice and add milk.. iced coffee (great pics from JohnF and staylor )
fun toy because you can play around with a single roast, one cup at a time.

If you go to the home page and search aeropress there are 6 pages of stuff.. buried in their you should find rasqual's inverted method (it lets more of the oils through) and Heaven knows what else you will find

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »
I also highly recommend picking up some of the polyester felt filter media, along with the rasqual's inverted method. More info in the the first link peter posted above.

If you really want to do some heavy reading don't forget to look at the MASSIVE Aeropress thread at CG (164 pages). Tons of info there.

Dale

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »
thanks to all who replied.... I think this will keep me busy for a few days....

Dale