Author Topic: Maestro Burr Holder  (Read 1179 times)

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
  • Some problems only coffee can fix.
Maestro Burr Holder
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

While cleaning my Solis (Baratza) Maestro I broke one of the tabs off the burr holder.  Ordering a new holder from Baratza and the followingg description appears:

"(5068) Burr Holder for Solis Maestro, MP, and other. The original Solis burr holder was flat on two sides. The new burr holder is round and difficult to get in and out of the grinder. "

Has anyone installed one of these?  Any hints on how to fit a round peg into a square hole?
Bob Feuker

GC7

Re: Maestro Burr Holder
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
This happened to my Virtuoso several years ago though at the time all I knew was that it ground only very course and could not be adjusted. A quick call to the company and they sent me the parts free of charge and gave me a blow by blow step by step installation guide.

Give them a call at Baratza.

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »
I believe there is a buried pdf file somewhere on the web on how to do this.  I believe the Solis instructions for addressing are identical to the current models.  For the life of me, I can't find it again.  I used it to address my daughter's grinder's issues.

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:44:25 AM »
Thanks, BJ.  I searched, and found a slew of pdf's on the Brartza website under "trouble shooting".  Found instructions under "Grind only comes out very coarse".   I will call Baratza customer service after I receive the part and wrestle with it for a while.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:49:39 AM by rfeuker »
Bob Feuker

BoldJava

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Bob, likewise, if I can find it, I will pm you.  It's in cyberland somewhere. 

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 07:24:51 AM »
Update:  turned out to be pretty much a non-issue.  I did have to take off the outer case, but once I did, the easy access to the adjustment ring and the burr holder made the job easy.  Also provided an opportunity for a thorough cleaning. 
Bob Feuker