Author Topic: Fan For A Bean Cooler.  (Read 4808 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Fan For A Bean Cooler.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
Finally got to test my box fan bean cooler tonight. It works very, very well. Didn't time how long it took but I know it had to be less than a minute with a 2# batch.  The snaps stopped almost immediatly whereas with my old cooler the snaps would continue for 10-15 seconds.

Offline JimsJava

• Standard User
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
Hey, B|Cooler -

You might want to reinforce your screen on the bottom of your cooler. I used 1/4" hardware cloth (and no, it isn't "cloth" unless you like wearing stiff chainmail). It will make your screen last much longer.

If you look closely, you can see the hardware cloth under the screen:

I make serious coffee. So strong it wakes up the neighbors.

BoldJava

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 03:28:50 AM »
Hey, B|Cooler -

You might want to reinforce your screen on the bottom of your cooler. I used 1/4" hardware cloth (and no, it isn't "cloth" unless you like wearing stiff chainmail). It will make your screen last much longer.

If you look closely, you can see the hardware cloth under the screen:

Thanks.  I will be roasting this weekend and will consider it.  It would be simple to add.

B|Java

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:42 AM »
I thought the first project in  high school wood  shop was always a birdhouse?  You jumped right into the third 9 weeks lessons, could be dangerous.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:46:09 AM by Ringo »
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

BoldJava

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 04:33:19 AM »
I thought the first project in wood high school shop was always a birdhouse?  You jumped right into the third 9 weeks lessons, could be dangerous.

<Chuckled out loud>  7th grade was Wood Shop; 8th grade was Metal Shop.

Actually, made a knickknack shelf for my Mum.  She cherishes it today, as only a Mum can. <grins>

B|Java

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »
Nice coolers...  I'm looking at B|BeanChillin's and thinking if you put a hole in one of the 1x8 corners you could have a bean drain..  make it the size of the biggest 'drain plug on chain' you can find (I got hole saws and need to come up and get some beans from you)

~~dimensional lumber diversion~~

I used to make dorm room futon frames and etc in college out of construction lumber..  my brother wanted a red oak frame...  I ordered the wood from an Amish carpenter friend down state..   the 2x4s were 2x4 !?!?!  messed my whole design up.. but I got-er done..

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
I think this is a great idea for a sifter/sieve/bean cooler.

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Rotosieve_Manual.html#aROTOSIEVE

I think you might even get off without using a fan.

:-X
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski